No more visits to the haunted city

By f7eleven, in Warhammer: Invasion The Card Game

it's banned! I'm cool with this. I kinda like that Judgement was untouched. And I'm excited to see some variety among the top 8 at Worlds.

In be4 some people start to whine that VTHC was totally fine and shouldn't be banned...(just like after faqing bolt thrower)

VTHC was not fine. With you all the way on that one.

The notion of moving the other guys buildings up to his battlefield for him never should have made it past play-testing in the first place. However, having done some playtesting for other card games myself, I know how easy it is to miss things.

FFG stepped up and did the right thing. I salute them.

Papa

it would of been fine if it was three turns on quests and unit only but support was just op

Finally this game can breathe. Thank

s FFG for listening our suggestions. ;)

Papa Khann said:

VTHC was not fine. With you all the way on that one.

The notion of moving the other guys buildings up to his battlefield for him never should have made it past play-testing in the first place. However, having done some playtesting for other card games myself, I know how easy it is to miss things.

FFG stepped up and did the right thing. I salute them.

Papa

Explaining themselves was the right thing, however, they better get their (stuff) together. They pretty much state on their front page "our bad we designed a card that goes against Eric's original and unique gameplay mechanic".

Anyone that isn't blind could see that moving other people's cards to open for defenseless attacks was just plain (dumb). I expect this type of production from an amateur, but not a seasoned professional game company ran by gamers and designers of games.

I love how David Sirlin was able to make his first game the most balance card game on the market to date without prior experience. Not one card needs errata or banning. The statistics for the 10 characters average win/loss ration is between 45-52%. As a bonus I don't feel like the card quality was skipped on like id do for Warhammer. Warhammer has nice art, but they need borders and the cards are brittle and need sleeving right out of the package.

How is it that the "lead publisher in card, board, and roleplaying games" struggles with playtesting, errata, and errors?

Doing too much with too less people

jogo said:

Doing too much with too less people

this is true for most big companies

As for banning VTHC Im glad it happened, and I agree with all the resons it truly undermined the core physics of the game. VTHC alowed you just for playing developments disable all cards that worked only in one zone , since then none played them. This is a new beggining for WH:I, I`m very curious abut the top of next tournament, but in my opinion it will be chaos ( chaos is the only true anwser :) )

Sounds like a joke. It's silly, go I have not won games against the letter, and I'm jugadandola ...
is laughable ...

If a player who normally uses Imperial Decks can not use this quest, and also Wilhemn are limited ... How plays the empire? That issue profit? Counterstrikie does not seem a good idea because many decks can win without attack your capital (indirect damage, discard decks, pk decks ...) then we return to VERENA ?...And that comes from the initial core, so if the subjects of empire are being banned and I keep playing VERENA ... Why would keep buying new card if I play Empire??
If players gather enough complaints also banner the sorcerer of Tzeentch or Wight Lord or rip dere eads off? The issue is to get together to complain about the cards we do not like because we can not beat them?

@Vamosamorir,

I think the issue was more in the nature of VTHC altered the way the game was being played in a negative fashion. Moving the other guys buildings up to his Battlefield for him was a bit ludicrous.

Papa

Really the support moving was the biggest issue with it, I agree. It would have been very strong still even if it would have only targeted units. I totally understand what you are saying and that was the main reason I was against a ban at all. Really it would have taken both restriction and an errata to fix it, so a ban was probably the cleaner call.

Empire has gotten some new cards and strategies in the last few packs, even without visit. Hidden Grove adds a lot to the Judgement package in my opinion and Celestial Wizard is pretty good. Empire also has a probably the best anti chaos cards in Iron Discipline and Church of Sigmar so I'd suspect there will still be empire played. They have probably the best early resource base with Derricksburg Forge and Huntsman plus Peasant Militia and even Runefang if you want it.

The high elvesdeck have a combination of cards that allows you to make infinite indirect damage. Is not that ridiculous too?. And they have not banned that

I'm not familiar with the combo you are speaking about.

Vitamin T said:

I'm not familiar with the combo you are speaking about.

Lelansi + Loremaster of Hoeth + Gifts of Aenarion + 2x Outpost of Tiranoc = Infinite loop

BigV said:

Finally this game can breathe. Thank

s FFG for listening our whinings. ;)

Fix'd.

Never mind. Sorry.

Vamosamorir said:

The high elvesdeck have a combination of cards that allows you to make infinite indirect damage. Is not that ridiculous too?. And they have not banned that

Probably because that's a five card combo, and most competitive decks can remove either Lelansi or one of the Outposts before they can fire it off. VTHC was a little easier to set up and abuse.

Papa

Ah ok, that makes sense. I dont see any issue with that at all.

TL

I see this combo at turn 3 and 4 many times. Perhaps because HEs deck can order the top of his deck? .

I'm glad this card is out...but i think making it limited would have made things more challenging!

Empire is still one of the strongest races:not only the judgement pack is skilly but even a knight deck is possible, where you build up your kingdom and quest and there you strike with everything using Karl Franz.

HE combos deck are nice...many player try them but rarely trust them that much to bring them into real competitions: a 5 cards combo is almost impossible when your playing with a serious deck!!! Even if you look at the first twenty cards and rearrange them, how do you manage to pay their cost while a control destroy everything and a rush rushes through butter...that deck is a mere question of unluck of your opponent!

If Ban should exists, it should be only for cards that change the gameplay or prevent players from deckbuilding (cause makes all other decks useless).

Just as that combination is difficult, it's your problem if your deck is not prepared to defend against a unit questing VTHC... seriously, can not do anything to destroy the unity which will make the quest? You also can not do anything against the Morrslieb's ligth?

Dont think as the game started in the moment he plays the unit:if he plays the quest early, he will put on it a unit even each turn, and with light of morrslieb will work evry turn..you wont have any resources to fight him soon, and unless you have the sorcerer in play, it is difficult to kill a unit every turn with 3 resource

And Often Imperial players have iron discipline...

And everyone can destroy de Morrslieb ligth with many tactics or units. And steal the counters o the quest before yout opponent can activates VTHC. Additionally there are ways to kill a unit without making target. Still I think is a p owerfull card, for that reason i say should be LIMITED; RESTRICTED and UNIQUE. But Ban is a mistake for me. If you want do somethig, decrease their power but allows to play it.

Vamosamorir said:

And everyone can destroy de Morrslieb ligth with many tactics or units.

Everyone? There's the dwarf cards (2 now?), the orc card, and the empire have some cards. There are a few other cards that can destroy it, but they often require the zone to already be burning.

Vamosamorir said:

And steal the counters o the quest before yout opponent can activates VTHC.

That's a pretty rare ability.

Vamosamorir said:

Additionally there are ways to kill a unit without making target.

True, if you play that sort of deck. Dark Elves, Orcs, Dwarves, and Empire don't do very much indirect damage without working hard for it.