Is there any random quote program out there?

By cogollo, in Deathwatch

Hi, one of the things I love the most in the Warhammer universe are the quotes in their books...

Anyone knows any Warhammer quote database or randomizer program? Apart from our books, minis and such, we usually play with one laptop to have quick and "light" access to the rules of our games, so it would be great to have such a player's help at hand.

It would also be helpful while preparing a session.

cogollo said:

Hi, one of the things I love the most in the Warhammer universe are the quotes in their books...

Anyone knows any Warhammer quote database or randomizer program? Apart from our books, minis and such, we usually play with one laptop to have quick and "light" access to the rules of our games, so it would be great to have such a player's help at hand.

Dawn of War Series? Gotta be plenty of quotes in there, and i'm sure you could find the speach for the games around somewhere...

cogollo said:

I don't think there's a program out there to get random quotes, but there are plenty of sources to use including the Dawn of War quotes.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.php?autocom=ineo&showarticle=386

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.php?autocom=ineo&showarticle=391

wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Quotes_Space_Marines

en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000:_Dawn_of_War

SShocky said:

Dawn of War Series? Gotta be plenty of quotes in there, and i'm sure you could find the speach for the games around somewhere...

I do recall something about metal bawkses...

Blood Pact said:

SShocky said:

I do recall something about metal bawkses...

Sounds an awful lot like heresy to me, Brother... gran_risa.gif

Alex

There is a powerpoint presentation out on the net that spawns quotes from around the 40k world.

I am not sure where I found it but I am redoing it and adding more quotes. I can finish it up and find a place to post it. It's nearly complete, just need time to finish formatting.

Killbeggar said:

There is a powerpoint presentation out on the net that spawns quotes from around the 40k world.

I am not sure where I found it but I am redoing it and adding more quotes. I can finish it up and find a place to post it. It's nearly complete, just need time to finish formatting.

That would be awesome!

I looked it over last night and I think I have it done. I use open office but I saved it in Powerpoint format but it should function correctly.

There are 250 quotes so it'll be a while before it runs its course. I'll try to find a place to upload it tonight after work.

Ok it's up. I created a Google site for it and the download page is here . MS PPT 2k3 format. I made it in Open Office so let me know if it didn't convert correctly. Enjoy!

Almost forgot that you need the Imperial font from this page to make the symbols look right.

Here's a couple of links with some good quotes. :) I hope they can help somewhat at least.

lexicanum.com and search for "thought for the day". I use post one each week on my campaign's message board. Keeps the players in the "40k mentality.