My entries for the Painting Competition

By IjonTichy, in Dust Tactics

Hi there,

here are some pics of my entry. I also made some vids on how I painted it, You can find them at:

Any coments are welcome, I always try to improve my technique; so any advice or suggestion would be great!

Cheers! Luther5.jpg Luther4.jpg Luther3.jpg Luther2.jpg Luther1.jpg

Very nice weathering on the feet, I love you camo pattern too, I wold neve rhave the patience to mask all that off. Great job.

Thanks mate,

yeah masking was a pain in the neck.

I could have gone much farther with the weathering, like metal showing through or underlining all the chipping, but I think it has a nice balance now, between realism and stylisation.

Cheers!

Great looking luther! I like all these weathering techniques, gives the models a real historical feel. I'm going for the same look with my luther right now.

Pooflinger76 said:

Great looking luther! I like all these weathering techniques, gives the models a real historical feel. I'm going for the same look with my luther right now.

Thanks man, I like Your Ludwig as well! We have similar styles ; )

Cheers!

thats nice a gritty style of paint scheme

That's a gorgeous Luther corazon.gif I like the weathering on the legs too. And wonderful photography. Great job! Looks like this first ever Dust Tactics Painting Competition has set some seriously high standards happy.gif Really hoping to see more entries from the rest of the contestants.

Good stuff man, I watched all your youtube vids on the paintjobs.

My set just arrived at work today. It's taunting me to go home early!