Can I run a tourney at Fan Expo Canada

By ganapatiom, in 3. AGoT Organized Play

I recently spoke to the organizers of Game Expo, (part of the very large Fan Expo) here in Toronto. He said that they didn't have a tourney for AGOT planned, but that I could run one if I chose to. Hmmm. Sounds like fun time, but I'm not sure I'm up to it. I've played for a couple years, but am not an expert when it comes to the rules, especially the exact order of actions. Should I go for it anyway? Is there anyone in the area that would like to help out? I emailed FFG to see what they could do, but no response at all. Advice please. Game Expo wants to know on Monday if they should add AGOT to the calendar.

Not sure if you're going ahead with this or not, but regardless I'd be happy to meet up with you at some point at FanExpo for a friendly game or two. Unfortunately as far as I can tell there's not much of a meta in Toronto right now, but there appears to be interest growing (just not in the sort of people that are willing to pay the exorbitant prices FanExpo is asking for admission).

I'll be there at least, so let me know if you want to set up a time for some AGoT.

oo sounds very interesting. So hard to find GOT players in toronto. I'll be there too but and i might join ya all in a friendly game 2. So much to do at fanexpo not sure i got that much time to play a whole tourney thou. Each match does take a decent amount of time.

I would be interested in playing GOT outside of fanexpo 2.

Hey guys,

I would love to get into this action as well! I was curious that maybe we do a meetup before fanexpo? I know in another post ganapatiom was talking about space for us at "Dueling Grounds". I would totally be down for some GoT. Just letting you know in advance my card pool is very limited (LoW, CS and 2 chapter packs) but I am willing and able to play. I also know another player who may be interested in joining in. Thoughts?