Healing Hand Boon Clarification

By Jorrack, in WFRP Rules Questions

On the Reckless stance this says 1 Boon "The target recovers 1 normal wound" and 2 Boons "The target recovers 1 normal wound".

I assume this is an error and its should be "The target recovers 2 normal wounds" for 2 boons or would it recover a critical wound?

Jorrack said:

On the Reckless stance this says 1 Boon "The target recovers 1 normal wound" and 2 Boons "The target recovers 1 normal wound".

I assume this is an error and its should be "The target recovers 2 normal wounds" for 2 boons or would it recover a critical wound?

No I don't think it's an error, you can only 'activate' one specific boon line once so it makes a lot of sense.

To clarify:
If you get 1 boon you can use the first boon line to heal the target of one normal wound.
If you get 2 boons you can use the first boon line to heal the target of one normal wound, but you can not use the second boon and re-activate the first line on that line, so the boons only result in one healed wound.
If you get 3 boons you can use both the first boon line and the second one for a net healing of two normal wounds on the target.

The same goes for the universal boon/bane results, they can only be triggered once (per die roll). So on a physical check 4 boons cannot rid you of 2 fatigue (unless there's also a fatigue-recovering line on the specific action card used). Nor should 4 banes generate 2 fatigue from the universal effects.

I hope that made some kind of sense? :)

As k7e9 said. I think the card is correct, as you can only trigger each boon line once. Thus, having 2 boon lines allows both lines to be triggered and allow for the healing of up to 2 extra wounds