A Feast for Crows expansion for the AGOT boardgame

By BenStark, in The Crystal Ball and The Wishing Well

Will we be seeing an expansion for AGOT boardgame under the title of a Feast for Crows? If so, what might we expect from it?

I'm not sure what type of expansion this would be. I'm willing to bet it would be Kings Landing centered, like SoS was mostl focused on the Riverlands area. But it might end up being more of its own game.

I guess I'm not expecting this release, though, as there is already the GoT Adventure Game in the pipeline. I wish they'd spoil more information about that one!

JerusalemJones said:

I'm not sure what type of expansion this would be. I'm willing to bet it would be Kings Landing centered, like SoS was mostl focused on the Riverlands area. But it might end up being more of its own game.

I guess I'm not expecting this release, though, as there is already the GoT Adventure Game in the pipeline. I wish they'd spoil more information about that one!

I think I agree with you on both counts.

I like the more focused game board idea as well. I alsways felt the under stream of religion was an interesting one and thought it would play more of a role in the game. I wonder if there isn't some game mechanic that could be introduced that would replicate all the religions we have. Not sure about the Seven and the weirwoods, but at least the Lord of Light seems to have a direct impact on battles and "resurections." Plus there are the numerous other ones scattered around the Martin universe.

I am also awaiting the Adventure game. The LCG still seems like too much of a money sink so I am hoping the adventure game will give my more of a character specifc flavor that AGOT doesn't give me right now.

How about using a new map detailing Dany´s conquest of the free cities and rules for combining this with the main map? Maybe Targaryen mainly on the free cities map, but able to send envoys to the other map to prepare for big invasion.

Though such a thing might be better suited for the "Dance with Dragons" expansion...

Yes - I was thinking about such an expansion for some time. It would be really good! I also thought that the idea to bring Targaryens to the picture would be great. But how owuld we fit on a table A SECOND board as big as the first one?

As for the adventure game, I have my own concept, but let it be my secret now.