Old World Cards with 5 players

By mastabou, in Chaos in the Old World

Not sure if I missed this somewhere, but the expansion directions are unclear. How many old world cards should you use with 5 players? Does it stay at 7 or does it increase to 8/9?

The general consensus is 7 cards for 5 players. The best evidence that this is correct is that some people claim to have played demo games with the designers and 7 cards were used in the 5 player demo games.

This is how my group has done it and it seems to work fine.

Thanks, sorry about the repeat post. Our games are still ending by the 7th turn, so that feels right. I just wanted to check though

I emailed this exact question to the rules guys a day after the expansion came out.

I received an email back about 2 weeksish ago...don't remember, deleted it.

The gist was "we're nearly done with an updated FAQ, and your question is one of the ones covered on it."

Sooo, have no idea what that means. All I know is that over the past four days three LCG FAQs have been posted but nothing yet for a much simpler to adjucate boardgame.

Waiting on an FAQ is always rough. Still waiting on one for Cosmic Encounter

keltheos said:

The gist was "we're nearly done with an updated FAQ, and your question is one of the ones covered on it."

But how soon is nearly done? It's August now isn't it? preocupado.gif

Also quick question - I note from the HR rules mention is made of replacing a card.

Is it that the card in the base game has an error and its supposed to be replaced (as in Arkham Horror) or rather the card must be replaced if running the HR expansion?

Thanks!

Nameless1 said:

Also quick question - I note from the HR rules mention is made of replacing a card.

Is it that the card in the base game has an error and its supposed to be replaced (as in Arkham Horror) or rather the card must be replaced if running the HR expansion?

I think it's the latter. The card (Horned Rat's Due, I think?) has something to do with placement of Skaven tokens, IIRC, which has a much different impact on the game when someone is playing the Horned Rat.

Kushiel said:

I think it's the latter. The card (Horned Rat's Due, I think?) has something to do with placement of Skaven tokens, IIRC, which has a much different impact on the game when someone is playing the Horned Rat.

Great. Thanks!