My models

By Necross, in Dust Tactics

For some reason, it won't let me edit my old post so I figured I'd just make a new one for all my models instead of being all cluttery 1 post for each unit. Starting with my Axis models, here's my Luther from before

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_foros_discusion.asp?efid=246&efcid=1&efidt=516274

And here's the Recon Grenadiers I just finished :)

recon-grenadiers1.jpg

recon-grenadiers2.jpg

Next I'm gonna do my Battle Grenadiers :)

Very nice and clean. Keep the pics coming.

-Jeff

Nice, but I don´t really like the red tips of the Panzerfäuste.

Thanks :) but yeah I wasn't sold on the red tips at first but now that they're done I don't feel like changing it. I thought it would be good to get some color in there and the red could mean "don't point at face when cleaning". I was also thinking of a red stripe along the bottom of their coats but decided not to.

Necross said:

[...] and the red could mean "don't point at face when cleaning". [...]

You really made my day! partido_risa.gif

Models look good but I have to agree that I dont really like the red tips on the fausts-besides the other end would be much worse for you if it went off while cleaning gran_risa.gif . Maybe go for a desrt yellow or a green shade to get some color on the mini. Good shading and highlights.

Great paint,

Brian

Thanks :) I guess I could go with a greenish color for the big weapons like on the unit card, but I was planning to do that with my allies. They're going to be primer green armor and desert yellowish cloth.

Wow, your recon grenadiers look very dark and menacing and I like it! I bet if I used that against my opponents, it will scare them into submission happy.gif Necross, you should post a copy of your pic in the "Painting Techniques" sub-forum so that it adds to the collection of all the wonderful works of the users here, as well as allow people to easily search and locate your beautiful work happy.gif

Very nice! Go paint your Allies now too.

I'll get to the allies soon. I figured I'd do all the axis models first :)

I LIKE THEM. PLEASE SEND ME A LIST OF COLORS YOUR USED AND TECHNIQUES.

I WANT TO PAINT MINE BASED ON THE DUST SITES COLORS, THE WINTER PEADOT, AND YOUR IDEAS MIGHT HELP.

THANKS

T

For these models, I kept the original primer color for the armor. The clothing or lighter camo parts on the walker are GW Fortress Gray. The guns are painted black with a very light drybrush of GW Boltgun Metal. I covered the whole thing with GW Badab Black wash, then when the wash was dry, I did a drybrush of GW Space Wolf Grey for the highlights.. and that was pretty much it :)

I'm going to do a similar technique for my allies, but with desert yellow for the clothing and a drybrush of rotting flesh for highlights.

And here's my Battle Grenadiers :)

battle-grenadiers1.jpg

I think I'm gonna do my other Axis walker next :)

very nice ? did you use army painter dip for shading ?

Nope, just straight GW Badab Black wash, and a little devlan mud on the knees down to make the bottoms of the pants look a little dirtier.

And here's my Laser Grenadiers :)

laser-grenadiers1.jpg
Also Sigrid is there. She reminded me how much I suck at painting faces. I just can't do eyes right no matter how hard I try :(
I have my Ludwig to do still, but I ordered the decals from dust-models.com for it and they haven't come yet, so I guess I'll move on to some Allied troops next.

Just do her face in flesh tone and shade it. I would not worry about red lipstick or all that eye detail. I have not tried to do her face yet, so it might be a challenge.

again nice stuff only hope mine come out so well when i get round to doing them

yeah my pics are a little light. I did her face with a base coat of GW Tallarn Flesh, then a wash of Ogryn Flesh, then Elf Flesh for highlights.

I dunno how the heck the pros paint eyes.. I even have a magnifying glass light thingy, and a super thin brush and it's always thicker than the eyeballs. Then I go back around the eye with flesh color and it all just ends up looking like a big mess. Been painting 20 years, still never got it right :)

I would just make a small pair of goggles and put them on her. I hate painting eyes.

I like the goggles idea :) Maybe I'll try that for Bazooka Joe :) But, I'm not too good at green stuffing either.. I can fill gaps and stuff ok, but actual sculpting not so much

It should be easy, just play around with it. I will mail you an extra Sigrid if you need one.

Starting on my Allies now :) Here's my first unit, my Combat Rangers Squad. The little camoy pattern I did on the bazooka is how I'm gonna do my allied walkers :) Still waiting on those decals I ordered though, so I'm just getting infantry outta the way

allied-gunners1.jpg

allied-gunners2.jpg

allied-gunners3.jpg

Gonna do my allied recon squad next