Battlelore or Descent

By skolo, in Battlelore

Hi guys,

I`m about to buy one (or maybe both? :) ) of those games. Can you share pros and cons of both? Funwise, moneywise, timewise etc.
Should I buy battlelore and why?

I`m glad for all your opinions

For these two games it depends a lot on how many people you usually get together to play. Descent plays best with 5 (you could play with less people but each player should take on extra heroes because the game doesn't balance well with less then 4 heroes). And Battlelore plays with only 2 people. There is a way to play with 4 people but that would require getting two base sets, the epic expansion and it would be best if you got the call to arms expansion to go with that.

So if you usually have a group of 5 you'd be better off with descent because you would get a lot more play out of it. If you can only get one other person to play games go with Battlelore.

Personally for me Battlelore is one of my favorite games. It's a blast to play and is highly customizable and the games play really quick. But there is still lots of strategy, tactics, and thinking involved. The only downside of the game is the long set up time. Some times the set up can take longer then the actual game.

oh, suprised by the time involved for preparations.

so, BL it is ;-)

for starters I decided to go with base set + call to arms + all goblin expansions

Yeah the set up time is quite long but I should have mentioned that descent's set up time is also very long. And Descent games can also take along time to play.

Good choice picking Battlelore it's an awesome game. For me it's a perfect mix of board game/miniature game. And the rules are simple enough to pick up easily but deep enough to allow for a lot of variation and strategy. Hopefully ffg continues to support it for a long time.

thanks for your opinion. I will definitly enjoy it. What I need now is a small paints starter set (grey plastic just does not look good) :) and voila.