"The Ceremony" Event Card

By Dr. Nocturne, in Mansions of Madness Print on Demand Expansions

Just got the expansion in today and can't wait to try it out. Just one question. I was reading "The Ceremony" event card (IV) and was a tad confused. It reads: "Each investigator may choose to let the keeper gain 2 threat in order move up to 3 spaces, following normal movement rules."

Now I assume this just means that in order to make their normal movement as in any other turn investigators must pay 2 threat each or may choose to NOT MOVE THAT TURN AT ALL. Correct? Or am I missing something?

Thanks for looking and happy horrific gaming!

Events are drawn during the Keeper turn, so generally investigators won't be moving during that turn at all. With this Event, they can give the Keeper 2 Threat and move 3 spaces, better positioned for their own turns right after the Keeper's turn. IIRC, Event IV is also the one that reveals the Objective, so depending on their needs, those 3 spaces might come in very handy.

Whether an investigator chooses to give the Keeper 2 Threat and move 3 or not give the Threat, there is no carry-over effect for the investigator's turn.

Ah now it makes sense. Thanks for the clarification. Much appreciated gran_risa.gif