Purple Brood War pieces

By Drakkkan, in StarCraft

1. I have bought Brood War expansion recently. It seems little weird to me, that all new module and base tokens for blue player are purple (while Factory module from original SBG is still blue one. Is is just problem of my pack, or it is that way ?

2. My second problem is, that I am missing all plastic stands in Brood war expansion for Flying units. Where I am supposed to buy them ? I need 18 of them if I am correct :/ Not sure if it should be part of the game as in manual is stated: The clear plastic stands for the flying units are packaged
seperately to protect them from being damaged.

As I have read trough forum, FFG should be able to send me missing parts, however I am from europe, are they also shipping ? Already sent email, no answer so far...

The Jim Raynor faction buildings and modules for the Brood War expansion should be close to the same color of blue as the core game, but they may not match EXACTLY. However, if your Jim Raynor pieces from Brood War are closer to the shade of purple used for the Queen of Blades faction, you should contact FFG to have them replaced. I'm sure they would be more than happy to fix a mistake like that.

As far as the plastic stands, have you tried looking under the cardboard insert inside of the box?

Wh0isTh3D0ct0r said:

The Jim Raynor faction buildings and modules for the Brood War expansion should be close to the same color of blue as the core game, but they may not match EXACTLY. However, if your Jim Raynor pieces from Brood War are closer to the shade of purple used for the Queen of Blades faction, you should contact FFG to have them replaced. I'm sure they would be more than happy to fix a mistake like that.

As far as the plastic stands, have you tried looking under the cardboard insert inside of the box?

I tried, they were not presented. But good news - I already received it directly from FFG support, sent internetionally, it takes two weeks. Realy excellent customer service !

Pitty I have not asked for this purple Terran replacement, but I can live with it (it is kind of rarity, isnĀ“t it ? :D )

Yeah. I've never heard of that specific issue before, but I guess it's not outside the realm of possibility. Glad you got it resolved. I, too, had to have some StarCraft pieces and tokens replaced for other reasons, and I found that they're really great at keeping their customers happy, no matter which authorized reseller sold the game.

The new Jim Raynor buildings in my set were a slightly different color also. Not purple, but definitely a darker blue than those of the base game.