Questions :)

By Jahan, in Runewars

Am going to play my first game on Saturday however there were some rules I would like clarifying:

1) Can a hero move when movement order cards are being used?
and if yes, can he move out of an activated area?
And can he do quests in this way and reveal exploration tokens?

2) If a hero reveals say, the "village" exploration token, in an empty area, does the player of that hero gain the benefits,or must he control the area it is within first?

3)Do all the heroes move at the same time, during summer? And is this after all the order cards have been placed?

4)If I have a unit of initiative 1, and a neutral ally as initative 1, do I draw fate cards for them all, as if they were the same (I understand that they have their own specials, and health)

Thank You aplauso.gif

Jahan

Jahan said:

Am going to play my first game on Saturday however there were some rules I would like clarifying:

2) If a hero reveals say, the "village" exploration token, in an empty area, does the player of that hero gain the benefits,or must he control the area it is within first?

3)Do all the heroes move at the same time, during summer? And is this after all the order cards have been placed?

4)If I have a unit of initiative 1, and a neutral ally as initative 1, do I draw fate cards for them all, as if they were the same (I understand that they have their own specials, and health)

Thank You aplauso.gif

Jahan

More complete answers on the BGG thread:

1) Only with Strategize, but they can move out of activated areas; they do not quest or reveal tokens.

2) You must control the area.

3) You do it based on the initiative numbers of the Spring orders.

4) You resolve one unit type at a time.

Jahan said:

Heroes are not units, thus they can only move with Strategize, which permits "units and heroes" to move. They cannot quest or reveal exploration tokens except in the quest phase.

Jahan said:

Each turn in combat you pick one type of unit in your army with initiative 1 and your opponent does the same. Then you draw fate cards for all units of that type, each, and resolve them simultaneously. Then you each pick another unit type with initiative 1 and repeat. If one side has run out of unit types with initiative 1 to pick, then he does nothing while the other side works through his remaining options. When both sides have run out of distinct unit types with initiative 1, you both move on to unit types of initiative 2, then init 3, etc. When you reach the end of initiative 5, you each tally strength and the player who has the higher value wins. The end.