Landing craft and movement

By Major Malfunction, in Dust Tactics Rules Discussion

So we played the first Operation Cyclone scenario, the one where you land on the beach and the Allies move out of the Landing craft. This question came up about movement:

The landing craft narrow from two to one square wide at their ramp. Is the movement from either side into the ramp mouth a diagonal? We couldn't decide so just diced for it. It would be nice to hear what every one else does.

we count it as straight, but i see your point of confusion. hadnt looked at it as sort of a diagonal.

The squares are not touching on corners, nor does it give you a range advantage like diagonals, therefore they do not count as diagonals.

Agree with Mishap. It counts as straight

OK, so while we are on the topic of landing craft...

Can you shoot into and out of the landing craft via direct fire? Indirect Artillery could, of course but what about Troops and Vehicles without A class weapons?

I play you can shoot in and out of the landing craft. Nothing says you can't. If you couldn't I think the dots in the center would be something different. I too play that moving in a landing craft is not diagonal.

Depends on the line of attack as there are no dots in the water squares.