Question about multiple weapons in a SHOOT action

By Weasel6, in Dust Tactics Rules Discussion

Page 10

Shooting rules

During its activation a unit may use all of its weapons.

Dcal12 said:

Page 10

Shooting rules

During its activation a unit may use all of its weapons.

Thanks, I will look them up when I get home.

Interesting idea to test for a house rule though. I like the logic behind it and it fits with the new "C" range weapons.

1) Each infantry model can only use one weapon per SHOOT action.

2) "C" range weapons may be used in an assault on adjacent units in addition to regular ranged shooting.

The problem is that the points cost of some units might have to change. After all, is the BBQ Squad worth 30 points if it can no longer move up 2, toss all its demo charges, shotgun/flamer stuff and then bayonet it?

Algesan said:

Interesting idea to test for a house rule though. I like the logic behind it and it fits with the new "C" range weapons.

1) Each infantry model can only use one weapon per SHOOT action.

2) "C" range weapons may be used in an assault on adjacent units in addition to regular ranged shooting.

The problem is that the points cost of some units might have to change. After all, is the BBQ Squad worth 30 points if it can no longer move up 2, toss all its demo charges, shotgun/flamer stuff and then bayonet it?

Its worth it because it has demo charges to begin with. That allows it to take out Tank stuff. If you are moving into combat with a Luther your demo charges are 1/2 and your shotguns are - and knife & grenade attack is - and the flamer is 1/4. So a full strength squad couldl thrown 4 demo charges and use the flamer.

Against an infantry squad teh demo charges do - damage, the flamer does 1/+ teh shotguns do 6/1 (A1), 3/1 (A2) or 2/1 (A3) with anything better then A3 being a -. The knife and grenade attack is either 2/1 or 1/1. The only thing that would even be worth shootin shotguns, thjrowing democharges, using flamer and sticking with knives wold be against T1 (which I have not seen anything in the rules for).

I would be willing to accept that weapons with limited number of usescould be fired whenever the unit wants, btu once they are gone, then they are gone.

I would even accept "heroes" being allows to fire everything they got, cause, well, they are heroes.

Currently for the points you get you can toss all the Demo charges at one walker, shotgun a squad, flame another target and Knife another squad. Lots of options for a high cost unit, but if it goes down to fire one weapon plus use C weapons, the damage potential drops.

Heroes, I agree, they get to shoot all they have because they are heroes.

Going slightly OT, it might be interesting to give walkers a C weapon option plus all infantry units get a way to damage armor in C range. I'd reverse the usual order though, the walker always gets the first shot and the survivors that are left can try to put it out of commission then.

My son and I played our first scenario tonight. This rule still isn't clear to me. The manual says (on page 7 in the revised set):

Attack:

The activated unit may attack using all of its weapon lines.

But, to me, that is not the same things as "a member of the unit may attack using all of the weapons they carry" We may use a house rule that says that each unit member can only attack once. They will need to declare which weapon they are using prior to attacking.

However, as Algesan points out, this may affect the value of units with members that have multiple weapons.

Has there been any more clarification or guidance on this issue?