Dust Tactics vs Revised Core set

By larylich, in Dust Tactics Rules Discussion

Hello,

I'm looking to start this game and I noticed that it has two basic introduction sets, and that each is going to have a different rule book.

Normally the Revised set will trump the older rulebook, so is the basic set worth getting?

I would recommend getting at least one of the original base sets as it is a fantastic value for the money. It includes most of the units which are available as expansions at far less than you would pay for them individually, as well as dice, tiles, terrain elements and documentation.

I have three of them and am considering a fourth.

wylecoyo said:

I would recommend getting at least one of the original base sets as it is a fantastic value for the money. It includes most of the units which are available as expansions at far less than you would pay for them individually, as well as dice, tiles, terrain elements and documentation.

I have three of them and am considering a fourth.

I have two considering a third.

What? "Two and considering a third" ? "Three and considering a fourth" ? It makes my army looks so puny in comparison sad.gif

Can't see the point in more than 1 set possibly 2, I doubt that you will ever use them all and yes, its definately worth getting without the rules as the models alone work out at half price.

I use every bit of two of them, the third I already have is sealed and unopened. I am considering getting a fourth so I can open it and play with it. With the new core set being released, I plan to keep one set unopened - who knows when it may come in handy in the future. It may have value as a collectors item or it may come in handy if a new friend wants to get started but cannot get one.