Painted Figs for Scenario 4

By Olivier Rosseeuw, in Battles of Napoleon

Couples of Pics of my painted figs (start of Scenario 4)

pic1020380_md.jpg

pic1020375_md.jpg

pic1020367_md.jpg

pic1020369_md.jpg

pic1020374_md.jpg

Real nice!

Question: who won?

Olivier Rosseeuw said:

I wish I had your patience.

happy.gif

Thanks !

1st game : I've got the french army. It was a draw.

2nd Game : I've got the french army again and I won.

It seems difficult to win with the Brits ...

What's about your results ?

KlausFritsch said:

Olivier Rosseeuw said:

I wish I had your patience.

It took me 4 months ... to get this result. Step by step. But the result is really something different and everybody in my club enjoys to play with painted figs.

It is one of our club internal rule : Never play with unpainted figs except for Game Test.

Well, we started the scenario last Monday and should finish it tomorrow. On turn 6, the Brits already control all objectives, but I (as the French player) expect to bring the game to a draw by taking the objective on my right. For the moment, I just don't see how the French can win this scenario, unless the Brits play really bad. The French are overwhelmed on their left and I don't see how they can resist the attack from the two red groups. On the other hand, winning for the Brits is also tough because the French can take care of the objective on their right. That makes it a good scenario, I must say! gran_risa.gif

Meta Baston said:

Well, we started the scenario last Monday and should finish it tomorrow. On turn 6, the Brits already control all objectives, but I (as the French player) expect to bring the game to a draw by taking the objective on my right. For the moment, I just don't see how the French can win this scenario, unless the Brits play really bad. The French are overwhelmed on their left and I don't see how they can resist the attack from the two red groups. On the other hand, winning for the Brits is also tough because the French can take care of the objective on their right. That makes it a good scenario, I must say! gran_risa.gif

When I won with the french, it was most probably a good combination of dice rolls, initiative, card drawings and combat results.

I blocked the brits cavalry on the left flank with my squared infantry (2 units), staying on the crest with in line infantry (2 remaining units) and CC, delivering deadly fire on the brits coming from the valley, with both muskets and guns (artillery fire).

On the right, 2 units in line stayed on the crest (same Strategy) protected by the 2 remaining units in column. I succeeded to weak the brit infantry with fire and melee and then I counterattacked on their flanks.

I was lucky on the center because the brits blue units didn't succeed to break the line and were stopped by my artillery battery.

I won in the last turn of the game by taking the last objective held by brits blue unit.

I played again the same game yesterday ; I've got the brits and it was a draw one more time.

Thanks for reporting!

That's one of the things I like with this game: both scenarios played were very tense, with outcome not being known until the very end.

(Besides,

Dites-moi: où avez-vous appris l'anglais? Ils sont tout de même rares les Français qui l'écrivent ou le parlent!)

Meta Baston said:

(Besides,

Dites-moi: où avez-vous appris l'anglais? Ils sont tout de même rares les Français qui l'écrivent ou le parlent!)

Beside as well : Je travaille avec des anglo-saxons depuis plusieurs annees ; nombreux sejours a l'etranger et j'ai vecu avec ma famille en Irlande pendant 3 ans.

Vous etes francais vous aussi ??? Si oui, tres bon niveau d'anglais !! aplauso.gif

Je suis Québécois. On pratique l'anglais par submersion, ici! gui%C3%B1o.gif

Meta Baston said:

Je suis Québécois. On pratique l'anglais par submersion, ici! gui%C3%B1o.gif

I better understand now, lointain cousin d'Amerique .... happy.gif

We replayed scenario 4 and finished it yesterday.

Because we thought that the scenario was too much in favour of the British side, we decided to play the British without its Unit Group 3 (Blue). Now, the British still won at the very very end, last throw of die. But the scenario was far more challenging for the Brits and a more aggressive French player could have made the difference.

Hi Meta Baston !

Interesting ... I'm going to test it that way.

The best player with the Brits to counter-balance a little bit.

Otherwise, do you play that scenario with optional rules ?

Hello Olivier!

Curious to see how it goes on your side.

We play with all optional rules. Our next scenario: Aida. Did you play it? How's you painting of the figs going?

Cheers,

MB

Hello Meta Baston !

Unfortunatly, I'm in Idle for the time being ; working for airlines, summer is the Peak season and got not too much time to play.

However, I had a big trouble in coating my figs last time. I had to remove the applied coating and clean all the set. llorando.gif

The product used wasn't good ...

I'll let you know about the results of our next game. I'm going to apply the optional rules too. And I'll play the Brits. It seems to be a challenge ...

Aida is our next step too. Not yet played. Please tell me your feelings and give me the results !!!

Cheers !

Olivier

We played Maida! A fun and interesting scenario! I played the English side. I decided my right flank would try to destroy French units as much as it could, knowing the French would proficiently combine his cavalry and infantry against my left. Well, nothing happened as expected! My right flank got almost destroyed and the sole unit on the left flank, with some help of the gun, resisted the French assault and even succeeded into routing one of the infantry unit (that was worth 4 points, yes sir!). I did lost my gun from a lucky French gun shot (4 points, sorry, sir!) though, and the game finished with a French victory, 20 pts to 16. It was close, violent... fun!

Tonight, we start this scenario again. I'll be commanding the French side.

PS: Oh boy, "remove the coating": too bad you had to start over, Olivier! Courage!

Hmm, the links to the pics or the pics themselves aren't showing for me. Could just be my crappy work computer though.

Skowza said:

Hmm, the links to the pics or the pics themselves aren't showing for me. Could just be my crappy work computer though.

It works with me. May be someone else can confirm ?

Olivier Rosseeuw said:

Skowza said:

It works with me. May be someone else can confirm ?

I can still see them.