Question for those who preordered MGP.

By Patrocles, in Moto Grand Prix

I searched online game stores and found that 8 out of 10 had MGP in stock and ready to ship. Two local game stores in my town have copies of MGP on the shelf for sale.

However, I preordered MGP back in July 2008 and I have not yet received my copy. When I check the online game store for my preorder it still lists the game as out of stock and available for preorder.

Has anyone who preordered MGP received their copy? Am I just unlucky to have preordered from an online game retailer who is waaaaaaay down the FFG list for receiving copies of MGP?

Thanks!

happy.gif

punt!

any responses would be appreciated!

happy.gif

This probably isn't helpful since I am in Canada, But I did receive my pre-order. It was a week later than the local game stores, but i did receive it.

Hi,

Your reply was helpful. I looked at 10 U.S.-based OLGS and found that 8 out of 10 had MGP in stock and ready to ship (that would be 9 out of 11 if you also count FFG store)! I have also seen MGP at two local FLGS. I sent an email to the OLGS asking for an ETA on my MGP preorder being filledwhere I preordered my game and received a polite response to the affect of, "we should be receiving it soon for shipment to our customers."

I am not in a rush to get MGP, but I was very curious about the delay which seems to be affecting 2 companies that are selling the game for the cheapest price. Could the delay be due to the FFG price increase? I preordered the game at $40USD back in June/July 2008 before the price increase and the OLGS has been kind enough to honor the price so i have no reason to complain.

I hope everyone else is enjoying their MGP experience!

happy.gif

I didn't even notice it was you I was replying to Patrocles. Back and forth between here and BGG we go! :) We really should stick to one or the other.

Hopefully you don't have to wait much longer to get MGP. It felt like a really long wait for me. I placed my order in October '08 and just got it last wednesday. I also got it quite a bit cheaper than what it's going for at the FLGS's. I assumed this was because it was pre-ordered.

GamerAtom said:

I didn't even notice it was you I was replying to Patrocles. Back and forth between here and BGG we go! :) We really should stick to one or the other.

Hopefully you don't have to wait much longer to get MGP. It felt like a really long wait for me. I placed my order in October '08 and just got it last wednesday. I also got it quite a bit cheaper than what it's going for at the FLGS's. I assumed this was because it was pre-ordered.

haha, I cast my net wide to catch the opinions of MGP players! happy.gif

Yes, BGG definitely has the bigger MGP audience, so I will likely stick there.

It sounds like you got a good deal, too! It was nice of the preorders not to increase the price on us! imho

Enough of blabbering! go have fun with your copy of MGP!

happy.gif