Floor plans for Ships? In honor of Game day.

By Cancr, in Black Crusade

I'm running Broken Chains for game day tomorrow and im looking floor plans of a ship I can use to be the broken chain. Any one one where I can find some? Google search has left me empty.

Also, its been a long time since I ran in/played in a Dark Heresy. How do Armour points and armour penn work again?

---Rusty

Also, its been a long time since I ran in/played in a Dark Heresy. How do Armour points and armour penn work again?

You deduct penetration from the armour rating. What's left of the AP then mitigates the damage taken. Essentially, Penetration is additional damage that can't go higher than the armour rating.

Ship plans? For 40k? Print out a city map of your choice.

On a more serious note: Even the smallest void-capable starships in 40k are so huge that it's next to impossible to imagine proper deckplans for them. You'd be better off planning "rough estimates" so that you know where the bridge is, the generatorium, the engines, etc - between that it's just layers of corridors and bulkheads and assorted rooms that you could make up on the fly. You could create plans for individuals rooms that have a greater importance, though, such as the command bridge or any areas where you would plan for combat to happen.

As far as AP and Pen are concerned, Armour Points weaken incoming damage, Penetration weakens Armour Points (before damage is calculated).
Example: Your breastplate confers a protection of 4 AP. You get hit by a weapon that would do 8 damage and has 2 Pen. This means that only 2 of your AP apply (4 AP minus 2 Pen), which results in a total of 6 damage (8 dmg minus 2 AP) for your body.

[edit] Here's something you could use for inspiration, though: http://www.ace-dog.co.uk/Traveller/DeckPlans/DECKPLAN.HTM

There's more where that came from (google). ;)