Movement for 0 Time + Restricted site

By TomRybak, in Android

When moving to a restricted site (one that requires a warrant) the time cost is changed from 1 to 3.

What happens in a situation where a character can make a move for 0 time (e.g., Floyd's tech card)? Common sense would say that it would cost him 2 time to enter a restricted area without a warrant but there is nothing suggesting such in the rules. Anything official about this?

T

Nothing official yet on it, not much official response on Android unfortunately.

I would rule that it took 2 time, since the 3 time is explained in the rules as time taken to persuade someone to let you in (I think). So thats 1 to move and 2 to get in. Therefore is a character can move somewhere for no time, I think they should still have to spend 2 to get in.

Yes, of course. I never saw it the other way. You save the time moving there, but if they hold you at the entrance, it doesn't matter if you moved there with the old Honda or in Lightning speed.

By the rules, it's still 0 time.

The actual rule is that the movement action to enter a restricted area costs 3 time instead of 1 time. If you're not actually taking a movement action, then the fact that the location is restricted doesn't matter.

I think you save 1 time (then need to spend 2 times), as it was with a warrant on it.

And it depends also on what kind of card you're playing. If the card writes about a device that makes you move faster, than you save 1 time for movement. If the card writes of an ability to hide or sneak, then you should save 2 times.

The higher time cost for entering a restricted location is not because such a location si farther than others, but because entering stirs
up trouble.