Clarification on Elisabetta

By oabprupi, in Anima: The Card Game

Greeting,

I have bought the game[ as a standalone , as I'd like to try it before buying any other episode]

and played a trial game with my friends and we found the effect of Elisabetta is overpowered.

Is it mean that she can nullify ANY dice? e.g. other player's exploration throw/ Romeo's ability/ etc

And also this is not a spin skill so it can be used for unlimited time?

Thanks for your help.

I believe I read on the Spanish forum (where Edge Entertainment members post regularly to clarify stuff), that she allows YOU to re-roll anyone single die (but it must be a roll YOU made, not other players) once per turn. Yes it's pretty much less powerful than how it's written on the card. Still, you can re-roll your exploration, anyone combat and so on...

Yes, I just checked it. It allows you to re-roll a single roll per turn, anyone roll you made.

Thank you very much.

Then it is far more balanced :D

Elric of Melniboné said:

I believe I read on the Spanish forum (where Edge Entertainment members post regularly to clarify stuff), that she allows YOU to re-roll anyone single die (but it must be a roll YOU made, not other players) once per turn. Yes it's pretty much less powerful than how it's written on the card. Still, you can re-roll your exploration, anyone combat and so on...

Yes, I just checked it. It allows you to re-roll a single roll per turn, anyone roll you made.

Only one roll per turn makes her significantly weaker, and I was hoping Lucanor and Millenium finally had some competition as best Arcane character.

I was pretty sure it only worked on the controlling players dice rolls, but limiting it to a single dice roll per turn is pretty meh imo.

You can house-rule it how you like. I will myself test her in both ways. I just posted here the errata from the original designer of the game as posted on Edge Entertainment forum.

As for myself, I'm already house-ruling a few normal character that are FAR TOO WEAK in comparison to others on my opinion.

Specifically:

Paladin and Dark Paladin: Rised their Speed to 3. Light and Darkness creatures are pretty rare, meaning you won't get much use of their special ability and for 3Combat/2Speed they simply are outrageously bad. With 3 Speed at least they don't drag your party down.

Mentalist: Rised her Speed to 4. C'mon, her ability is simply awful and she comes with access to only Magic. Again, with 4Speed she may find some usefulness at least for missions requiring speed checks.

Arcanist: Let the party re-roll ALL combat rolls once (hence no Tap required). 2Combat/2Speed...she's definitely the worst existing character. At least her ability may come in handy like this...considering having her in your party means having an average -2 on complessive stats (if not worse), it's a fair trade.