New to Dark Heresy

By gunmonkey, in Dark Heresy Gamemasters

Hey everyone,

My last foray into PnP RPG's was way back in 2nd edition DnD and a short stint in Shadowrun. I've been into Warhammer 40k since I was 14 (I'm 25 now), so Dark Heresy caught my eye when I was browsing at my local game store. I bought the core rulebook, and was hooked instantly. I had bought the rule books for Rifts and was almost talked into running a Conan RPG. However, both games had way too many useless skills and functions that bogged down the game. Dark Heresy seemed much more streamlined, while still open to expansion. I immediately went back and bought the DM kit, Inquisitor's Handbook, Purge the Unclean, and Disciples of the Dark Gods (and I'm STILL waiting for Creatures Anthema :P )

Anywho, I've been slowely crafting my own campaign (I prefer to run more open ended with plenty of options, even some that players won't see unless they make the right choices.) Is it okay for me to release the campaign on here? (I know there was a competition, and I was trying as hard as I could to make it in time, but I just couldn't with classes). I uploaded a lot of the initial work to google docs, so if I can, let me know. I'm sure I'll have plenty of rules related questions (and comments if I link to the campaign) in due time.

Welcome aboard. Sure, post whatever you can.

Post whatever you'd like. I'm sure someone will be more than glad to help you :)

Good to hear more interest in the game, as well as GMing.

If you're interested in posting up documents, etc., you might want to check out Dark Reign as a possible host site...

vidzup.com/

And the DR forum too...

vidzup.com/forum/index.php

gui%C3%B1o.gif

Luddite said:

If you're interested in posting up documents, etc., you might want to check out Dark Reign as a possible host site...

vidzup.com/

And the DR forum too...

vidzup.com/forum/index.php

gui%C3%B1o.gif

I'll definately look into it, but I already have this up on google docs (and don't have time at the moment to set up an account at dark reign, though I definately will later :) )

I'll go ahead and open a new thread with the materials I've created so far.