Arkham Horror League 3?

By DoomTheUnit, in Arkham Horror League

I am sure I'm not the only one wondering if there will be a 3 season for The League, could anyone shed some light on this? Or are we doomed to fight the same Mythos we have been for over a year now?

Not saying the game is boring, with the upcoming release of Miskatonic U I'm sure FFG have their hands full. There is just soo much more material it's a shame none of it is getting any limelight.

-Doom

DoomTheUnit said:

I am sure I'm not the only one wondering if there will be a 3 season for The League, could anyone shed some light on this? Or are we doomed to fight the same Mythos we have been for over a year now?

Not saying the game is boring, with the upcoming release of Miskatonic U I'm sure FFG have their hands full. There is just soo much more material it's a shame none of it is getting any limelight.

-Doom

Hi Avi Dreader,

(i guess this thread is as good as any)

I was AWOL from AH for a while and decided to check out new leagues to try out and get back into the game. I staretd browsing through your custom leage (great work) and my jaw dropped when I saw my custom Herald (Crawling Chaos) , I developed a long time ago,being used in your 13th scenario. I had just found the .eon files in an old backup folder, I thought I had lost that forever. I absolutely did NOT imagine anyone had ever kept a record of it and used it for something else....

Anyway, I'm just very happy, surprised and proud about that. Thanks avi dreader, for all the exelent work you're doing to keep the game fresh and alive!!

I'll begin trying to run the campaign asap, let's see how I fare...

BTW: is everything from Misaktonic Horror ok to include? Any special advice on that.?

Again, thanks! ;)

tiborvadovan said:

Hi Avi Dreader,

(i guess this thread is as good as any)

I was AWOL from AH for a while and decided to check out new leagues to try out and get back into the game. I staretd browsing through your custom leage (great work) and my jaw dropped when I saw my custom Herald (Crawling Chaos) , I developed a long time ago,being used in your 13th scenario. I had just found the .eon files in an old backup folder, I thought I had lost that forever. I absolutely did NOT imagine anyone had ever kept a record of it and used it for something else....

Anyway, I'm just very happy, surprised and proud about that. Thanks avi dreader, for all the exelent work you're doing to keep the game fresh and alive!!

I'll begin trying to run the campaign asap, let's see how I fare...

BTW: is everything from Misaktonic Horror ok to include? Any special advice on that.?

Again, thanks! ;)

A side note from Julia: your Herald was good to play, I had a great time with the Scenario featuring your creation :-)

@tiborvadovan

Actually, this part of the forum is rarely checked. Luckily Julia saw it and PMed me that you said something to me here :') I will see anything you post in the main forum or in the fan creation section within a day though.

I'm very excited to hear that you're going to try the fan creation league (hoping to hear some great stories of your adventures :'D let's see if you can catch up to Julia). Mixing in the MU stuff is no problem. The only thing you should be slightly aware of is that for the fifth scenario you should use the old version of CotDP visions (if you don't have it, proxy it) if you're using revised CotDP. I'll make an official update to that, eventually ;'D

I also posted a response to your message in the comments section of the Fan Creation League website. If you're having trouble with the league, there's actually a 23 page comments thread on it ;'D

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_foros_discusion.asp?efid=113&efcid=1&efidt=306738&efpag=0

Anyway, good luck, glad to see you're back.

I'm still grumbling over league 2 when they never posted the final results for the vast majority of us who sent them in well before the due date.

Bastinado said:

I'm still grumbling over league 2 when they never posted the final results for the vast majority of us who sent them in well before the due date.

STANDING OVATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did the Arkham Horror League back in the 2009/2010 year, the one that heavily featured the new, made-up ally "Calvin".

I was wondering if the Arkham Horror League was still going on, but I guess this thread, and the dates for Scenario 2's stickied thread above prove that it's not. It's too bad, I was was hoping to maybe join up a new team in my new city. *sigh*

I had a ton of fun playing through (about half?) of the Calvin scenarios. So did my friend who owned all the game expansions. I just bought King in Yellow and Dunwich Horror expansions today, myself… I'm looking forward to breaking them in.

It would be great to see another Arkham Horror League competition/event start up again.

Pyromaniacal said:

I did the Arkham Horror League back in the 2009/2010 year, the one that heavily featured the new, made-up ally "Calvin".

I was wondering if the Arkham Horror League was still going on, but I guess this thread, and the dates for Scenario 2's stickied thread above prove that it's not. It's too bad, I was was hoping to maybe join up a new team in my new city. *sigh*

I had a ton of fun playing through (about half?) of the Calvin scenarios. So did my friend who owned all the game expansions. I just bought King in Yellow and Dunwich Horror expansions today, myself… I'm looking forward to breaking them in.

It would be great to see another Arkham Horror League competition/event start up again.

Pyromaniacal, if you don't mind using custom components (Heralds and Ancient Ones, no boards / cards and so on), you can join the Arkham Horror Fan Creation Leagues designed by Avi and run by me and Avi over the BoardGameGeek. Here is the link to the files. Let us know!