Arkham Horror Pregame!

By jgt7771, in Elder Sign

The only reason I have a gaming group at all is because of Arkham Horror. Partly because most of my friends had never been "Lovecraft nerds", and the eerie level of Mythos horror was so foreign to them, it was FASCINATING; partly because it's perfectly cooperative. Everyone wins or everyone dies: no intergroup gloating or hard feelings.

However, due to the large amount of setup AH requires, if we're playing at someone else's place, I tend to show up pretty early, and there's often an hour or so of waiting for the rest of our Investigators to show up. I tried some quick minor competitive games to fill in the time, but we might as well just have been playing Hearts or Old Maid: no one cared, and competition before Arkham sucks the mood out of the room.

THIS. THIS...MIGHT...BE...IT. Lovecraft, check. Cooperative, check. This might be the perfect bullpen warm-up game, if it plays as fast as FFG claims. It might also be the backup for when the primary game ends before dinner.

Keeping a big eye on this one.

The play time sounds promising,AH is such a big boat to float that often unless it's a planned session we don't get it to the table much.Elder Sign seems like it will be bit of Mythos we can break out on short notice.

OD