Angelus Bolt carbine Ammo availiability?

By dharkus, in Dark Heresy Rules Questions

Hey - just re-rolled a char as i went a bit too far with my psyker's sorcery in praying to khorne

decided to roll a noble born cleric and with the vast wealth i got i elected to get an angelus carbine (as far as i can see the best bolter that i can carry)

the description is as follows:

Angelus Bolt Carbine
Class: Basic (Bolt)
The fanes of Gunmetal, among their most important duties, hold an oath-bond to manufacture the casing and primary propulsion charges for Astartes calibre bolt shells. Production of the Astartes bolts is carefully controlled and monitored, and once made, each case is stamped with the aquila and its maker’s mark before being passed on to the Adepts of the Machine God. Despite the security and precautions inherent in this sacred duty, it is said a few of these shells never see the aquila stamp. These so called “blind shells” are both utterly illegal and highly desirable, but on their own, blind shells are useless without a weapon to fire them. Consequently, the Fane of Fykos makes in secret a weapon known as the “Angelus”. Bluntly elegant in shape and crafted from the finest materials,
the Angelus’s lacquered stock houses its magazine and unlocks to take three Astartes calibre bolt shells snugly nose to tail. Provided only to their richest and most trustworthy of clients, the exclusivity and terrible killing power of the Angelus is favoured by the wealthiest of bounty hunters and the most accomplished of beast-slayers in the Calixis Sector. Carrying one of these powerful, but highly illegal weapons entails certain risks all of its own.

just wondering what the availability of the Astartes Bolts would be? and the cost

the normal bolt shells are 16 each and rare

hoping my GM doesn't read this as i'm hoping he'll let me use normal rounds - just wanting some opinions in case he figures that the astartes bolts might be a bit more expensive and rare and so i can say i thought about it and can protest if he suggests harsher requirements than here

Personally I go with the ammo being Near Unique and around 100 thrones each, on a very good day.

Are you suggesting we help you cheat on your GM? HERESY!

Zap! Zap! Zap!

Ah! We have sneaky little ninker around here...
Never-ever try to out-smart your GM. You not only disrespect the work (s)he puts up, it althoug betrays the innard sense of an RPG. This is not a "versus" but a cooperative game. Players of mine tried this with me once or twice. Not nice.

Enough preaching! Back2Topic:

"Near Unique" is a little hard...and not well thought.

Who would buy a weapon you would never-ever get new bullets for? Since the cylinder for a Marienette (or how ever the assasine weapon is called) is rare and goes for 100 Thrones, I would say illegally aquired astartes shells should go for "Very Rare" and "50 Thrones each". This should reflect that they are highly illegal.

My personal inclination is to treat them as Best-Craftsmanship Bolt Shells, which is 160 Thrones per shell and Extremely Rare. Given that the shells fired by an Angelus are stolen off of a production line producing shells for Astartes weaponry, and are inherently illegal to possess, I think that this is more than fair.

N0-1_H3r3 said:

My personal inclination is to treat them as Best-Craftsmanship Bolt Shells, which is 160 Thrones per shell and Extremely Rare. Given that the shells fired by an Angelus are stolen off of a production line producing shells for Astartes weaponry, and are inherently illegal to possess, I think that this is more than fair.

I agree. I also think availability would depend on wether or not you were on Gunmetal City, somewhere else on Scintilla, or on another planet entirely. The further you get from the source, the harder they are to get hold of. And the more expensive they will be.

Darth Smeg said:

N0-1_H3r3 said:

I agree. I also think availability would depend on wether or not you were on Gunmetal City, somewhere else on Scintilla, or on another planet entirely. The further you get from the source, the harder they are to get hold of. And the more expensive they will be.

Pretty much this - the thing fires Astartes quality rounds, they are stupidly rare for humans even on a level of "noble" to own, and you'll still get shot for being found owning them.

I also agree with others, lying and cheating your GM is incredibly disrespectful, given all the work they have to put in to ensure that the game is good for you and your fellow players. Something like an RPG game requires working together to make the story, and if your GM can't trust you to not cheat, he'll probably kick you out of his game. I know I would, and I have, and the game was better for it.