Your (SOON TO BE) pc?

By Tunnelhckrat, in Black Crusade

I suspect that I'll lash together some sort of accursed Guardsman deserter. He's been exposed and/or tainted by contact with the Arch Enemy. I'm thinking that he's slowly being consumed by his desires (mutating), which imo will mean that he's heavily aspected to Slaanesh. My reasoning for this is on account of his horridly deviant ways (be it food, things of a sexual nature, drugs and of course pain), and the fact that he just seems to be enjoying himself a wee bit too much ^^. He'll definitely be a close-quarters combatant, which means blades and pointy objects. Perhaps even with a growing psychic gift, most likely powers that'll allow him to enthrall and/or pacify his opponents, allowing for their slow and flavourful (and painful!) demise :)

Caeron, Champion of Slaanesh, Disciple of The Deviant One, and Slave of The Thousand Arts of Pain. Yeah. I think that'll be my guy :D

Well im GM'ing but i can tell some about my players idears.

Inquisitor Mavius:

Former student of Inquisitor " Rykehuss" who pretty much got tired of his masters ways and ended up to do some terrible tech heresy ( A.I. stuff and like that)
Then his master got mad and told on him to the High Council and Mechanicus, and then started hunted him. Mavius then decied when the Emperor diddent want him Chaos might. We havent found out if he should be acylote interagator or Inquisitor when i still dont know the power level. Undevied Chaos
He would like to use the Heratek path and be a madman building crazy warp infested deamon egines and A.I.'s and follow in the path of Ach Heratek Malygris !

Freedom Fighter Raffael:

A simpel worker there just got tired of Eclessiarchy and started a Revolution in a Unholy way against the stupid Imperium in the name og Chaos, he should be a man that always stick with the littel guy and more a less a missornay/zealot og Chaos ! Undevied Chaos

Soccorer Luckman:

A Evil and bad psyker there grew up on the same world as Raffael and have almost been as a father for himk and taught him the way of Chaos. Luckman is a Tzeench worshipper and have been hideing from the Adeptus in avbout two Centurys and has the singel Goal to be the greates champion of tzeench.

I'm thinking a Fallen Angel cool.gif

Am I the only one who really wants to play a Death Guard Plague Marine? Being able to eventually become a Plague Champion of Nurgle would be **** awesome.

@ Gaire, nah you aren't the only one who wants to be a Plague Marine. I've thought about a possible sorceror of Nurgle as a secondary, while my first thought has been a Rogue-Trader turned pirate of Slaanesh or Khorne.

Lucius Valerius said:

I'm thinking a Fallen Angel cool.gif

It'd be pretty cool.

Braddoc said:

Khorne, but I'll lean more toward the "Master of Warfare" angle rather than "BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD Baaaahhhwaabbwawawha!!" crazy seen-a-million-times-in-the-past.

This for me anyway! It is too easy to forget Khornates tend to be excellent warriors as well as the finest butchers in the galaxy.

Do we have a release date yet by the way?

I am Forever DM, but my players have made the following things thus far:

A Slaaneshi Apostate, fallen from a noble family due to self-centered gluttony and a deep-rooted belief that the Emperor didn't really give a **** if he even existed at all.

A Chaos Space Marine who seems to be leaning towards being Ultra Heavy Weapons Guy. He's leaning towards Nurgle or unaligned at the moment, but he managed to pick up Poor Quality Terminator Armour as a starting acquisition due to a talent. He's dual wielding a legion flamer and a reaper autocannon. If it lives, he will shootinate it to bits. And then set it on fire. Still haven't done chapter and the like yet, though the player is an Iron Warriors fan so I think this'll be easy.

A Slaaneshi Renegade, who despite the player's best intentions, sounds like a wannabe Elfdar. Probably going to be one of the harder ones to kill off, given the crazy high agility and ease of access to Step Aside...

A being older than time itself which controls fate. A god of change, corruption and anarchy.

A god of despair that spreads disease through the world and cares for each bacteria he releases.

A god of Slaughter and Rage who is strengthened by each battle and each murder.

A god of Excess born out of the depravity of an ancient race and the cause of their fall.

Yeah I'll be the GM.

If I could make a player I would make a human dedicated to Chaos Undivided, one who doesn't like chaos but craves immortality far too much to turn away from his unholy quest, a person who would stop for nothing to achieve deamonhood. Probably a warrior type (who has become so by necessity) with a daemonweapon (because I like daemonweapons), my stats would have some sayings in the later though, might be a sorcerer or cult leader if that fits better.

Probably a Fallen Guardswoman who completely lost faith in the Imperium's leadership after watching her entire regiment die fighting to hold a minor world, a world that in the end the Imperium couldn't hold and ended up destorying. Now She follows Khrone because she believes that he will give her the strength to "set things right."

As I now have more insight into the workings of the book, thanks to some reviews, I am now able to elaborate more on my planed character. (Number 2 to be precise) Of course I have no idea about the finer effects of Pride etc. but at least I can plan a bit more.

A former lowly Hive-worker, Calobek Shas lived his simple life and was content with food, shelter, pride in his work and the simply enjoyment of friends and familiy on his Homeworld. Then the Administratum came and increased the tithe rate. Calobek had to work 15 hours a day, interrupted by a single hour of praying to the god-emperor. He was told it was for the greater good, so his faith held. Some of his fellow workers were not so happy, and protested loud but peacefully. Then came the Arbites and his friends died in the dozen. He was told that their protest were a sign of heresy, so his faith held. He worked on, day after day, the only thing left to him was the warm embrace of his family. Then came the Imperial Guard and told him, that his children had to got to war. He was told, it was for the survival of the empire, so his faith held. He took pride in the knowledge, that his children would make a difference and the message that his loved wife was pregnant let him fell joy. Then, when he went praying a few days later, he found the preacher and his loved wife on the altar. He was told, that the unborn child is not his and that his wife was blessed by the emperors high servants indeed. So his faith held... not. Neither did the skulls of preacher and wife, when he smote them down with his hammer. Since this day, Calobek Shas is on the run. He tells the truth to all who want to hear it. And the voices in the night whisper to him, that he is doing a righteous work. A work, he is now taking pride in.

Character type: Human

Career: Apostate

Pride: Craftmanship

Failing: Wrath

Motivation: Vengeance

Skills:

Awareness

Charm +10

Command

Deceive

Scholastic Lore (Bureaucracy)

Scholastic Lore (Judgement)

Scholastic Lore (Imperial Creed)

Forbidden Lore (Heresy)

Forbidden Lore (Archaeotech)

Forbidden Lore (Mutants)

Inquiry +10

Dodge

Commerce

Stealth

Talents:

Air of Authority, Hatred (Ecclesiarchy), Peer (Workers), Total Recall, Unshakeable Will, Weapon Training (Las, Primary), Radiant Presence, Polyglot, Inspire Wrath

Gear:

laspistol (Good), Sword (Best), Flak Armour, Chaos Symbol Pendant, Unholy Tomes, 2 Laspistol Clips

If possible I am looking at genning a Mutant demagogue of sorts. He is convinced that mutation is the sign of a new generation of 'true men' arising in the galaxy and that the Gods themselves have tasked him with uniting them against their pure cousins. It is very possible that this belief stems from the all too common trauma of living a life of slavery in the name of so-called pure people, those stuck in a genetically stagnant past without the many blessings mutation can provide.

Seeing his mission as divinely inspired, it is likely that until recently he had little concept of the Dark Gods beside Imperial fables, but over time his exploits have earned him minor favour and some of the servants of the Ruinous Powers have shared the barest shreds of true information with him to stoke the fires of his cause.

Now convinced this it is his destiny to lead the ragged and dispossessed in a march against their hidebound cousins, he is gathering followers to him in an effort to wage a wage of racial 'purification' against the genetic relics that are 'pure' Humans.

Statswise I am looking at an irregular officer style of character, with good Intimidate and Command prospects, and a generalist approach to combat focussing on contemporary guerilla warfare tactics (little bit of demolitions, decent fire arms skill, competent but not amazing in hth). His focus is gathering an utilising others, not so much through manipulation, but by winning or torturing them into believing (as he does) in the righteousness of his cause.