Smaller Board?

By StormCaller, in Runebound

Hi guys,

I finally got my hands on The Frozen Wastes after sitting on the fence for some time and I was looking through the contents when I noticed the board itself seemed a bit smaller than it should be.

When I fold it out on the table it is only the map showing on the board, not the spaces that indicate; Blue cards are placed here, Red cards are placed here etc. It's like they have been cut of. Even the inferior part (The Logo) of the board that says "Runebound" is gone. The edges are not cut directly or anything, but folded behind the edge as normal boards. However, it doesn't seem that any gaming spaces are missing...

Have anyone else have had the same experience and is this is normal? Is it some kind of saving strategy from FantasyFlightGames during reprints or something?

Thanks,

SC

StormCaller said:

Have anyone else have had the same experience and is this is normal? Is it some kind of saving strategy from FantasyFlightGames during reprints or something?

The expansion board is designed to be placed on top of the original board, replacing the map portion and reusing the other parts outside of that. Your board is not defective - that's how all the big box expansion boards are made.

Edit: Of course, you don't really need any of the parts outside the map, so if you don't like the idea of one board on top of another, you can just play with the expansion board and put all the cards where you know they belong beside the board. There are little fractions of coloured circles corresponding to the city market positions still visible on the expansion map edge.

Thanks Steve!

As you might have figured out it's my first big box expansion.

Regardless, thank you for pointing this out. It does make alot more sense now!

SC