Warp Spectres!

By Saldre, in Dark Heresy Rules Questions

Hey!

So I have a question for all you guys and girls out there- about the warp spectre, page 158 of Disciples of the Dark Gods.

It implies that the creature is capable of maintaining a grapple, and thus draining someone several rounds- but it doesn't have a strength score... so how exactly does it go about that?

Someone suggested using Wp for it instead of Str...

What do you guys think?

I think that if the Warp Spectre's Engulf attack just states that it counts as a grapple attack, which means you use the steps that tell you what to do to make the attack. So the Warp Spectre just uses the steps that is involved in the grapple attack check and the target is not actually grappled, they are actually screwed because they are now engulfed by a warp spectre that they can't harm if they don't have the proper tools, so hopefully that your not alone when you fight one. So in my opinion once the Warp Spectre uses their Engulf attack you can't break free from it, but you or a ally could force the Warp Spectre to break from the Engulf attack with psychically charged or Holy attacks and power.

Thanks for the answer, I will keep it in mind!

But I would have to say that if you are considering it as a grapple then use the Willpower percentage for the oppose characteristic test of the victims strength or you could use a battle of the minds and have it like a the Warp Spectre grapples the victim and then it's a Willpower vs. Willpower test to see if the victim mentally forces the Warp Spectre off of them physically.