I wonder

By Grayle, in A Game of Thrones: The Board Game (1st Edition)

I wonder if the board game reprint is taking so long because they are using new cards with real pictures of the HBO characters instead of the cartoony ones.

Its possible, but you would think we would have heard something about it by now, or that it would have been out in time for the show if that were the case.

Grayle said:

I wonder if the board game reprint is taking so long because they are using new cards with real pictures of the HBO characters instead of the cartoony ones.

I doubt it. Mostly because there are characters in the core game that were not introduced in the first book (and are therefore not in the current HBO series). And I doubt they are waiting for several of the books to be aired on HBO before thowing that one in.

Also, taking actual photographs from HBO characters would mean FFG needs to pay money for the copyright. Why spend even more money if people are already desperately wanting to buy the game? (Btw, on both Ebay and Amazon A Game of Thrones: The Board Game is currently listed at $109.99!!!)

True enough, they wouldn't want to increase any costs to an already successful game. I just can't understand the delay. A second season already coming. The hype isn't over yet anyways.