Who's that guy?

By Mjoellnir, in Fan Art

After five radical marines here's a loyal one everybody should know. An important NPC of the Deathwatch RPG. I hope he's recognizable. So who is it?

MotV.jpg

Perhaps Mordigael?

And we have a winner! What gave him away? Being a Blood Angel or the Master of the Vigil marking on the Deathwatch pauldron?

Here's the artwork that inspired the miniature. I'm crappy at faces so I gave him a Deathwatch helmet.

36e3931a26e00a27225184d478351ca7-d32iua3

I would link the page of the artist, but deviantart doesn't work right at the moment. Theoretically it should be http://fc09.deviantart.net/

The only "prominent" Blood Angels Character is Mordigale so thats quite simple. But do you realy thin the artwork shows Modigael? I have a diffent picture in mind when i think of him. the face would be ok for an Ultramarine or an Imperial Fist but is quiet unfitting for an Angel. And which Master of Vigil Marking do you mean?

Vendettar said:

The only "prominent" Blood Angels Character is Mordigale so thats quite simple. But do you realy thin the artwork shows Modigael? I have a diffent picture in mind when i think of him. the face would be ok for an Ultramarine or an Imperial Fist but is quiet unfitting for an Angel. And which Master of Vigil Marking do you mean?

Well, the artwork is under the Watch Commander entry on page 306, and "The Master of the Vigil" entry on page 332 states "The Master of the Vigil's only mark of rank is the bearing of a singular heraldic pauldron on his armour, the design being a gauntleted hand grasping a snarling serpent by its throat." He's a Blood Angel (at least that's what I gather from the shoulder pad, the tatoo on the head and the blood drop on the terminator honours) and he wears the pauldron of the Master of the Vigil, so I guess he is supposed to be Mordigael. I agree about the face, it doesn't really fit his description, but I guess that's artistic license.

hmm. seems i simply overread this part gran_risa.gif

Very nice paint job there! Although I am clearly a bit late to the party to chime in as to identity, it amuses me to note that you gave us an additional clue in the name of the original picture: "MotV" Heh heh. Nicely done.

RaiPaladin said:

Very nice paint job there! Although I am clearly a bit late to the party to chime in as to identity, it amuses me to note that you gave us an additional clue in the name of the original picture: "MotV" Heh heh. Nicely done.

Heh, thanks.^^ I thought it wouldn't be too obvious in case someone checks the filename. gran_risa.gif