Inquisitor's Handbook's NEW Backgrounds questions

By LETE, in Dark Heresy Rules Questions

Hello.

1.All right, so the player has rolled a Noble, (from the Inquisitor's Handbook) yet, when creating his/her appearance, backstory, etc. using the main book's tables, I draw a blank. I don't know which planet type table (Hive, Forge, Imperial, Feral, or err Void) should the player roll! ie. To make it simple: what type(s) of planet do nobles hail from? Or are they their "own specialized thing"?

2.Ditto with the Mind-cleased background.

Thanks!

Lete

who?

There's no given rule for it. So the easiest way to resolve it would be to:

1. Always use the Imperial table, since the nobility are (in theory) prime specimens of humanity
  2. Use the table for the type of world representing the char's background (hive for a noble scum, void for a navigator scion, etc.)
  3. Pick one at random. Works best for mind-wiped, since they can come from anywhere. And not meshing with their homeworld norms could reflect the repercussions of aristocratic inbreeding.

i always thought that he can choose the planet type acording of his class and history....

I tend to use the Imperial World tables for Schola Progenium PCs, Hive World table for Forge world PCs, random or GMs choice for Mind wiped chaps and the appropriate homeworld for the noble. So a noble feral worlder gets the feral world table etc.