Arkham Horror Statistics Reports

By Tibs, in Arkham Horror Second Edition

EcnoTheNeato said:

Right. But's it's still closed first ;-) Just think of it as a substitute for clues that you sacrifice before rolling. You still roll "before attempting to close" so you still close it, and when (or after, depending on how you want to look at it) you close it, it then becomes sealed. ^_^ THat's just for the parchment though. Either way, I still say it's up to you. That's the way I look at it. You may very well look at it another way. To be honest, none of this really matters because you still won, and all you're wondering is what box to check happy.gif

i disagree. it's not closed first. its sealed instead. when the parchment is used you can no longer chose to close it, only seal it. if you spend clue tokens after a roll you can seal it, so if you don't spend them you first close them. so that's different from the parchment.

anyhow. just wanted to see what to put down. in the specific game one of the investigators failed his tome/spell to close the penultimate gate before the last one was sealed, so it didn't become an issue really.. just checking to see what you had reported it if it had occurred.

EcnoTheNeato said:

That happened to me once or twice. I called it a closing victory, because I figured that I could use those clues to close the gate and still win if I didn't close it initially. That and because it's more rare...

cool.gif

Tibs, I did it again.. would you mind changing the result of my latest game (vs Cthulhu Arkham Nights & Dagon) in "victory by closing gates"?

Well, I tried being a good little investigator, but screwed up too. sonrojado.gif

When submitting my last game's results, I forgot to check that we passed the "Return To The Old Ways" rumor in addition to the other two.

Bah! I'm such a fool! I just submitted 2 entries, and the one for Cthugha, it should be FATHER DAGON as the Herald, not Mother Hydra :-x

Thanks Tibs. Thanks as always!

EcnoTheNeato said:

Bah! I'm such a fool! I just submitted 2 entries, and the one for Cthugha, it should be FATHER DAGON as the Herald, not Mother Hydra :-x

Uhm. Sounds like someone played the "Broken Sextant" card from Munchkin Booty on Father Dagon ::laughter::

Well, he did have a French Accent...

EcnoTheNeato said:

Well, he did have a French Accent...

gran_risa.gif

Just uploaded our first 4 reports :)

Victory of 2 investigators against Yigg using Lurker at the Threshold

Defeat of 2 investigators against Y'Goloriak using Lurker and Kingsport

Defeat of 2 investigators against Atlach-Nacha using Lurker and Kingsport

Victory of 3 investigators against Cthulhu using Lurker and Kingsport (forgot to report that we could not stop a rift to oppen)

I don't know if we can modify our entries ...

for the sake of giving accurate results : we succeeded at doing the terrible experiment and did not fail at in game 603.

The March 1, 2011 report is up. Go have a look!

And Atlatch Natcha reclaims the top spot!

And Patrice is on the first spot of the most winning monsters of the game :-)

fastest victory for a 4-players game ?

I wonder what is the fastest reported victory ?

Maybe our last game could be a good competitor:

The game lasted 5 MYTHOS.

The two keys were Harvey Walters with Arcane Insight

knowing that "Strange Power Flux Plagues City" would come, with a door already oppened at Independant Square.

This Mythos card opens a door at the square and allows all investigators in other worlds to return to Arkham ... for a 4 closed gates victory.

Well, I guess you can win on turn 1 calling or requiem-ing Yig with 4 well-weapon-ed Investigators.

Anyway, I think it would be a very good idea to specifically ask the number of Mythos cards in the question for the game length. This would be intersting for statistics too.

Another suggestion: the huge majority of games are played with4 players. Would it be possible to extract the same tables, but specifically for games involving 4 investigators ? I guess the 7 victories over Tsathogga or the 4 against Quachil Uttaus were not 4 investigators game, so the statistics some of us look for are a little flawed.

Fanfan said:

Maybe our last game could be a good competitor:

The game lasted 5 MYTHOS.

That's good. Including the "Mythos zero" card? At the moment I have 2 victories by closing gates in 6 Mythos (one against Quachil + Dagon & Hydra, the other one against Darkness + The Lich-king, scored during Avi's league, so it shouldn't be recorded, actually). My quickest victory by sealing was against Tibb & Dagon (7 Mythos).

Don't know whether it's possible to win by sealing in less than seven Mythos. Yeah, probably with the double gates from the Lurker

My fastest was, appropriately, against Yig. I, too, benefitted from Strange Power Flux (I think), but didn't know it was coming. I had Akachi (who had Find gate), Patrice (Julia's favorite), William, and Michael. Hilariously enough, everyone passed their personal stories, because Akachi closed the last gate after going right in to a gate on turn 1, Michael was the street-sweeper (there was a surge on one of the turns on only 1 gate, so he went and killed them all), Willliam, of course, has the option to pass his PS on turn 1 if he gets good monster draws (which I opted for), and Patrice went shopping to pass her PS as well.

I won with a closing victory in 5 Mythos draws (basically, 4 turns) in a 4-player game. People probably have faster "draws" (meaing a Final Battle victory) but I'm not sure if there are too many ways to have a legit victory in less time than that (especially if you have more than 4 people...). It's totally possible, of course, especially with Akachi or De Vermis Mysteris, but...highly unlikely...

EcnoTheNeato said:

Patrice (Julia's favorite)

Why are you saying that? Actually, my fave character is Mary.

Oh, okay. In that case, your SECOND favorite gui%C3%B1o.gif

::laughter:: I was joking, I don't have such a great empathy with Mary ::laughter::

But really, why are you saying this? It happens to me to play often with Patrice, but that's another story. I don't like her that much. If I had to choose a character, then I'll go with Silas. And then probably Rita and Carolyn (I played almost all the first league with them). And then the others.. I really like Mark. And Norman.

Sounds fun. Oh, and by the way, I was joking too gran_risa.gif

Seriously, no one has won in Final Combat against Azathoth?! This disappoints me greatly. Next game, I will break the record held by this guy! gran_risa.gif

Somebody once recorded a win in final combat against Azathoth. I believe the method of execution was "Call Ancient One." Unfortunately that won't work. Awakening Azathoth loses the game for the investigators—that's his ability .

My question is: Where'd they get 14 Sanity? Other than the Lurker, I suppose...

Even with the Lurker, I remember that it was generally agreed that you cannot cast a spell if the sanity cost is greater than your current sanity.

Oh, yeah, that, too! I mean, I've had someone have 10 Stamina before, but no clue about 14 stamina o_O

Probably someone who thought it wasn't broken at all to use the Lurker in that way...