looking into the game

By ImperialArm, in Warhammer Invasion Community

First hi all, second looking to maybe start playing just wanted to know how many capital boards there were and is it as easy as the video tutorial makes it out to be. And I guess lastly is there any players in/near Clovis, NM

Hi ImpeialArm,

There are 6 Capitol boards. 3 Order (Empire, Dwarf, High Elf) and 3 Destruction (Chaos, Orc, Dark Elf).

The basic play mechanics are pretty straightforward. The game uses the type of "effect stacking" that is resolved in a "last in, first out" fashion common to many card games. If you've never played a game of that type before, it may take you a little while to become comfortable with it, but you'll probably pick it up in no time.

Papa

so if I were to pick up the game would it be wise to buy the expansion withe the other boards. And is it easy to teach a 10 year old to play

Yes, buy everything. I'll sell you a full playset of every card created for $200 w/shipping.

...and yes, you could teach an intelligent 10 yr old, you just might need to build them a more straightforward deck. No Dwarf tricks or Empire finesse.

Imperial Arm,

The core set comes with 4 capital boards (Empire, Dwarves, Orc, Chaos), the expansion Assault on Ulthuan gives you 2 additional capital boards (High Elf, Dark Elf). If you want to have all factions to chose from, this is the minimum investment.

In terms of the playability with children, I played it with my 10 year old nephew and he picked it up just fine. We started gradually though, it might be difficult to learn if you follow all rules right from the beginning. The complexity in the game does not come from the general rules (which as you can see in the tutorial are quite simple) but rather from the exceptions created by individual cards. If you keep the number of sets for the game limited at the beginning (e.g by using only core set and the elf expansion), the game might be easier to teach and learn I think.

thank you all for the response I'll have to look a little closer to see if this might be something me and my son would enjoy.