40k jewelry and bookmark

By Battybattybats, in Fan Art

I wanted some earrings that suited my 40k Tyranid army and quite quickly and easilly put a pair together a year or so ago and while i was at it i made a bookmark which usually lives in my tyranid codex but which will end up spending a lot of time in my deathwatch books till i make some more. Sorry about the poor pics, i had to use my scanner to take them.

tyranid-earrings1.jpg tyranid-earrings2a.jpg

16-02-2010111926PM.jpg 16-02-2010112014PM.jpg

Now i'll just have to decide what other things to use on more bookmarks for my deathwatch books.

Nice! Do you wear them away from the game store?

Baradiel said:

Nice! Do you wear them away from the game store?

Yep :)

I like it... I like it mucho!

These are really sweet. Seeing as how my wife's army is 'Nids, I now have a kicking idea for a present for her - although I will have to try to paint up some bits to match her scheme. I am sure she would notice (and be a lot less happy about) some of her figs lacking heads. *Grin* Where did you get the earring bits? A general store or a jewelry place? Really nice paint job too, by the by.

RaiPaladin said:

These are really sweet. Seeing as how my wife's army is 'Nids, I now have a kicking idea for a present for her - although I will have to try to paint up some bits to match her scheme. I am sure she would notice (and be a lot less happy about) some of her figs lacking heads. *Grin* Where did you get the earring bits? A general store or a jewelry place? Really nice paint job too, by the by.

The earring bits were from a local department store craft section amongst all the beading stuff. I used some small lengths of silver with a kind of tack-head at one end threaded through a hole drilled in the warrior head so the flat pin head holds the tyrannid head on, the other end bent, cut and shaped with needle-nosed pliers around the loop to connect it to the earring pieces. Really simple with the most basic of beading instructions. Thanks for the compliment on the painting :)

RaiPaladin, just a suggestion, you could always ask your wife to hook you up with a couple of her spare heads next time she paints some models, so that you can put on trophy racks or something like that with your army. I realise it in parts means she is making her own gift, but it would keep the scheme similar.

Saved.

Alex

So anyone else make any yet?