Expansion info

By reapersaurus, in Kingsburg

Here's hoping Andrea and Luca (designers) can give us their thoughts on these forums from time to time....

To collect what information we have on the expansion, post what you can here (sneak info, details, release dates, price, etc).

Here's the BGG page with the AI with the 2 extra buildings.

I can't find the post where they described the Heroes and Events, etc.

We just got the game but it met expectations. Already anxious for an expansion!

Thanks for posting that link. Kingsburg is a great game to play, and I'm really looking forward to the expansion. This is an almost perfect game for those new boardgamers tired of playing Settlers of Catan and ready to try out something a bit more complex.

reapersaurus said:

Here's hoping Andrea and Luca (designers) can give us their thoughts on these forums from time to time....

To collect what information we have on the expansion, post what you can here (sneak info, details, release dates, price, etc).

Here's the BGG page with the AI with the 2 extra buildings.

I can't find the post where they described the Heroes and Events, etc.

As far as I know there has bene no new info leaked/released beyond the new buildings.

The game hasn't been out long enough to see an expansion so quickly (although I would love to see it) but this game always sees play around my table. The info that we do have on the expansion sounds awesome and will definately be on my "Must buy!" list.

I did get my copy on the fair in Essen 2007. So it is out long enough for an expasion, which is a definitive must buy for me.

Put me down for an expansion whenever it comes out!

jabrams007 said:

Thanks for posting that link. Kingsburg is a great game to play, and I'm really looking forward to the expansion. This is an almost perfect game for those new boardgamers tired of playing Settlers of Catan and ready to try out something a bit more complex.

Thanks for expressing exactly what we (designers) wanted to deliver, and for enjoying the game of course.

The expansion will basically give you 5 tools (extra buliding lines, alternate buildings, alternate winter battle resolution, the Governors and the Year Events).

You can add one or more (or even all) of those to the "basic" game to shape your favourite game towards a more "gamers" approach (Governors, alternate buildings and winter), or just to add more variety for casual gamers (the Year Events, but also the Governors and the alternate buildings can be seen in this way). The two extra building lines are probably a welcomed addition to any approach to the game.

Myself and Luca hope you will enjoy it when it will be released!

Wow It sounds great.

I will have to get up and buy the original. I played it at an expo and it was the best game I had played all year.

It felt really refreshingly original which drew me in anyway, and the use of all of the picture information was also a winner.

MUST BUY :)

I like the two new rows and hope that the Java program will continue to be the place to see previews of the upcoming release. Kingsburg is just such a fun little game.

Furelli

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forums. Just wanted to say that I played Kingsburg for the first time today. It was a 2 player game with my 23 year old daughter and I really enjoyed it. I also would be interested in an expansion a little ways down the road, after some more play time with the original.

Expansion? Bring it on! W H E N ?

Tim Kelly said:

Expansion? Bring it on! W H E N ?

Spring 2009, hopefully.

Rules are under translation in English (and other languages as well), since our English is not good enough to write an errorproof rulebook.

And we're demoing the expansion here in Italy at conventions, with really positive feedbacks.

Stay tuned!

I'll be eagerly awaiting this expansion. Kingsburg is a great game that's seen a lot of ply with my group and I'm excited at the idea of adding some new dimensions to it!

Looking foard to this expansion. Remember that this game has been around longer than FFG has been publishing it (I have an original copy), so definitely time for an expansion.

I am really happy when people think to expand an already wonderful game. I hope tobejust i imagined.

Count my in for ONE of these babies

Count me in. I loves me some Kingsburg, but I'm ready for more stuff, too.

TheDukester said:

Count me in. I loves me some Kingsburg, but I'm ready for more stuff, too.

The game needs more stuff, especially if you're a gamer.

So, I hope, just as you guys, that the expansion will be printed soon. All the graphic material as far as I know is final, so they should be printing by now.
I am not sure how long will it takes, but I have hopes for an April or May release.

Edited by Zargon

Can't wait. Kingsburg is a great gateway game to begin with, and I'd love to see it furthered by an equally great expansion.

I think the expansion will be a nice to make an already amazing game seem "new" again. Still love this game but getting some new options will be something special once it becomes available.

With the addition of "characters" to play, this game will get many more replays from my household. This was a good decision on the designers part. I hope it's like playing Cosmic Encounter, where you want to try all the different "powers" at least once.

I'm not sure if it will be like Cosmic Encounter as the powers in that game seem to completely define you. The Kingsburg player seems to evolve as the game progresses and the powers seem like a free building that is unique to each player but hardly defines the player. Since there is limited interaction in this game (compared to Cosmic Encounter) these character roles just enhance the experience. Cosmic Encounter powers seem to railroad you into certain playstyles whereas the roles seem more like a bonus or feature to allow more flexibility. I think the combination of Destiny, Governor roles, and Alternate building rows add the variety that will keep me replaying this game for a long time to come

Having impatiently waited for this game to be re-released for so long, and only having recently acquired it, it has become a firm favorite with my wife, who is a rare game player indeed, and seemed to work well with both of my nieces recently. It has immense replay value, and some great game dynamics, namely the use of the dice to influence the advisors. Having read a little on the upcoming supplement here, it looks as if the game is going to become even better - I was uncertain at first about how such a comprehensively compact and 'complete' seeming game like 'Kingsburg' could ever have more added, but I think the extra options have been well thought through.

I am quite excited by the idea of 'events' adding a dimension to a game turn, and the idea of the Governors having their own character I think was an interesting twist too. In any case, the idea of it being a series of added modules gives players the opportunity to test out which parts are likely to work best for them. This has to have been my best purchase of the year in terms of board games - even over other rather amazing games like Agricola or Pandemic.