Release date?

By CrowOfPyke, in Gears of War: The Board Game

Anyone heard of a release date on this one yet?

It was just officially previewed today so I think we are a bit away from knowing that. Patience padawan.

Vegas odds say 50/50 it's out before hell freezes over.

TK

The upcoming games schedule for FFG says 'Q3 2011'. So, based on the history of FFG at GenCon, they sometimes release games like that at GenCon Indy in August - in a limited "convention only" print run before general release later. I am wondering if this game will be released in the same manner this year - a limited "convention only" print run before general release....

If so, I know what I will be buying at GenCon this year....

Tim Kelly said:

Hey, Duke Nukem Forever looks like it's actually going to be released. Why not this too? :)

This game just got the glimmer of light it needed to show that there is life in the underworld.

lets hope its out b4 christmas

it's possible it may be released at the same time gears of war 3 comes out.

that would be a bet due i would love that

It seems reasonable that they might release the main print run of the game around the time GOW 3 hits the video game stores.

However, the reason I am wondering about a small special print run at GenCon this August is because that would fit with FFG's business model in the past when releasing a highly anticipated board in the Fall after GenCon. They print about 200-300 copies of the game just for GenCon. Then they get feedback and use that to modify the Fall main release print run every so slightly.

I am hopeful they will do this again with GOW since I will be at GenCon....

Bazin said:

Tim Kelly said:

Hey, Duke Nukem Forever looks like it's actually going to be released. Why not this too? :)

As fate would have it, there actually is a fairly large group of people who have been wandering around downtown Ottawa proclaiming the end of the world will come this Saturday (May 21st.) I mean, they have painted vans and everything. Perhaps Duke Nukem Forever getting off the ground was a sign of the apocalypse? =P

ill pre-order it

if anyone got the news when will t be released please post as soon as possible, realy want this

I'll bet dollars to do-nuts the board game is released right along with Gears of War 3 the video game.

I will need a large Christmas stocking! happy.gif

any word/rumors of an outside source on the release date yet its july and im startin to get ansy the previews make this look like a decent game

GTM [Game Trade Magazine] #137 for July has the game "Scheduled to ship in August 2011" .

Price: $79.95

Also, the back cove is a full-color add for the game.

SteeleViper said:

GTM [Game Trade Magazine] #137 for July has the game "Scheduled to ship in August 2011" .

Price: $79.95

Also, the back cove is a full-color add for the game.

FFG - GenCon catalog that is given in the goodies bag at GENCON has the game priced at $69.95

Any update on a release date?

Probably not gonna make it out before September.

FFG now has it in"Shipping Now" so probably early Sept. gran_risa.gif

OD

My FLGS just told me it is shipping this Wednesday 8/31 and I should have mine by Friday 9/2 babeo.gif

Sweetness!

It would be great to have it arrive for a Holiday weekend..

OD

Just received the regular CSI Newsletter-the have GoW to be released THIS week aplauso.gif .Of course it takes 3 days to get to me once its shipped so out of luck for the Labor Day long weekend.

OD

Old Dwarf said:

Just received the regular CSI Newsletter-the have GoW to be released THIS week aplauso.gif .Of course it takes 3 days to get to me once its shipped so out of luck for the Labor Day long weekend.

OD

You're lucky; it takes a week to get to me...

Just talked to my local game store this morning and they are supposed to get two copies of the game in today. Now if I can just get down there before they close today and get my hands on one!