Austin Texas Game?

By Lexipoop, in 7. AGoT Metagame Discussions

Title says it all, im a new player (very new) looking for a game, or many many games. Hit me up if you know of one.

Hi Lexipoop. Welcome.

In my experience, Texas as a whole is tough for card games, or at least ones you can nail down. gui%C3%B1o.gif I live down in SE Houston and play with 3-4 others (2 consistently) locally. I haven't been able to find any other players local or nearby. Inevitably anyone that chimes in the Houston thread I try to contact respond briefly and never outside of the forum trying to hook up to play. I believe you can find (do a search) for some players in the Dallas / Fort Worth area if that helps. I'd recommend trying to contact your local shops in Austin, or consider trying out playing online via OCTGN.

Good luck & if you find a local Texas group let me know and perhaps one day we can join you! happy.gif

Thx for the reply, I looked around and found a few who were interested in starting a group here!! Any suggestions on how we should start? I have heard you have to buy two core sets, i have also heard buy as much as fast as you can and ive heard the opposite...I really think im goin to like this game:)

It's really a personal preference I think. Things to consider are - do you want full deck customization options available for all houses? That really drives your limitations. You can always buy more too, so I'd recommend starting small and working up.

In our groups case, we got a late start to the game but instead of rushing ahead to incorporate everything we would mix in sets at a time and once we felt the strats for those were exhausted we'd move on to the next (usually 3-4 months). We started with 1 core and eventually all purchased 3 each. As much as it's tempting at times to pull in everything, since we only play each other it works well. We have almost finally caught up now too! happy.gif

If and when you finally get things moving there keep me in the loop and perhaps we can meet up sometime to have a joust tourney, or we could play online via OCTGN too. Houston vs. Austin! gran_risa.gif