Softer music.

By TripsEX, in UFS Off Topic

I want a thread where people talk about softer music. Blues, R&B, Jazz, Pop, Ballads, and ect.... No offense but I don't want a topic where people say they listen to soft music and list John Legend, Beyonce, Katy Perry, and Boyz II Men. I would also like for it to not be about older bands like Michael Bolton, Yanni, Garth Brooks, and so on and so forth, because we all know the obvious. But talk about Kenny G's album "Rhythm & Romance" or Phil Collin's "No Jacket Required".

I like Bela Fleck and the Flecktones, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Fly Pan Am, Al Di Meola, Explosions in the Sky, and Boards of Canada. Stuff like that.

I love these posts. "Lets talk about what taste in music you like, but you can't post about the following, whether you like them or not"....

I love 80's pop music like Eurythmics, Lisa Stansfield and George Michael, but I like things from every era, to be honest. And I actually quite like Katy Perry. Sure, she's not the greatest artist who ever lived, but her music's fun and silly, which is nice sometimes. Kylie Minogue also fits that category very well gui%C3%B1o.gif

For Power Ballads, Alannah Myles' Black Velvet's gotta take the biscuit for me on that one. Or if I'm in an especially strange mood, Tina Turner :P

Having not heard of any of the bands Zebra posted, I'm afraid I can't comment on them, but hey, I live in a totally different part of the world to a lot of you guys, so what do I know? *joke* lengua.gif

I'm going to assume you live in the U.K.? But Boards of Canada are a scottish group. They're all instrumental.

My friend likes Boards of Canada a lot, but he also can't stop listening to IDM either. I imagine they're IDM.

Viewtiful_Joe said:

I love these posts. "Lets talk about what taste in music you like, but you can't post about the following, whether you like them or not"....

I love 80's pop music like Eurythmics, Lisa Stansfield and George Michael, but I like things from every era, to be honest. And I actually quite like Katy Perry. Sure, she's not the greatest artist who ever lived, but her music's fun and silly, which is nice sometimes. Kylie Minogue also fits that category very well gui%C3%B1o.gif

For Power Ballads, Alannah Myles' Black Velvet's gotta take the biscuit for me on that one. Or if I'm in an especially strange mood, Tina Turner :P

Having not heard of any of the bands Zebra posted, I'm afraid I can't comment on them, but hey, I live in a totally different part of the world to a lot of you guys, so what do I know? *joke* lengua.gif

you don't know who bela fleck is? he is an awesome country/folk musician.

Post removed (switched topics, it seemed to fit better in the Classical thread)

Boards of Canada are lush,

and i ADORE mogwai.