LCG Storage

By Lizalfos, in Living Card Games

I am curious how others store and transport their decks and such. I really don't want to rubber band everything. I wish the game came with deck boxes. I sometimes used to buy extra starter decks for CCGs just for the deck boxes. But the LCG is packaged more like a board game, which doesn't make much sense to me. I like to carry all my card games (LCGs and some mostly old CCG stuff) in one bag with a dice bag I can use for all my games. Thankfully I think this should work for all of them except Warhammer, which may be the only LCG I don't buy anyway (got LotR and CoC with AGoT next on my list).

Does FFG have anything useful in this regard? I've only purchased core sets and deluxe expansions so far. Do Battle/Chapter/Asylum/Quest Packs have packaging that could serve as a deck box? I haven't even seen one in stores yet. Or do FFG's sleeves come in a deck box? I don't care about sleeving cards, but I'd get one for a card box. I would pay a good bit for a deck box with some of that amazing Cthulhu artwork.

I've looked around online for generic card boxes, and I've only found a couple, but both were much bigger than necessary, probably with the intention of holding sleeved cards. It would work, but as someone who is a bit obsessive about storing and transporting his games, I'd prefer a more efficient solution.

Thanks for any replies. Long live the LCG.

Adam said:

I wish the game came with deck boxes.
Well, it does. Every AP comes in a deck box.
Apart from that it isn't particularly difficult to get hold of deck boxes from a number of suppliers. Myself I use a CoC Card Coffin because it also includes sufficent space for story cards and tokens.

That coffin looks awesome, thanks for pointing it out. Very glad to hear that the expansion packs come in deck boxes. Might have to get those sooner than planned.

This , I own 2 of them, worth the money.

I was thinking just individual decks, but that sure is fancy pants. Right now I just have my deck boxes tossed loose in a messenger bag. I see it says it holds five deck boxes for sleeved decks. How many boxes of unsleeved decks (like the size of a starter deck for most games) do you think could fit in each of those slots? Two or three?

At least 2, perhaps a 3rd per slot. I don't keep my decks in deck boxes but I do keep them sleeved and I get 2 decks per slot.

I just use the cheap, clear plastic 50-card deck boxes. They easily hold 60 non-baseball cards so work perfectly for most card games. You can find them I presume at any card shop for like 50 cents. These only work if you don't sleeve though as they are not big enough to hold sleeved cards.

I have an assortment of deck boxes for my decks -- card coffins, Ultra Pro's plastic deck boxes and their clear storage boxes, some metal deck boxes from a few years back. Pretty much every Action/Chapter/Battle pack is made to hold 60 cards now, so they can also be used as deck boxes.

Personally what I use for individual decks are normal Ultra Pro deck boxes. I use both MTG styled ones and generics. The MTG boxes cost the same and the plastic is more durable.

For carrying around all of my decks I picked up an artist box at my local Michael's crafts store. It ran me $25, can hold up to 10 deck boxes, or in my case 5 deck boxes in the top row, 3 in the bottom, plus being able to sit all the capitol boards and containers for tokens.

Box Image 1

Box Image 2

Box Image 3

If you want to get absolutely crazy, you could also grab a case from Pelican and fit your decks in there.

Since I play thrones I find these super useful. Can hold gold and power right in the top.

javascript:void(0);/*1306269408170*/