Original Decks or Entire People Decks

By Runefang, in Blue Moon

I've had Blue Moon and most of the expansion decks for a while now, but I've always played with the pre-built decks.

I was wondering if anyone has tried playing with the 8 Peoples decks after replacing the out-of-race cards with the appropriate Peoples cards from the other decks. (i.e. using a deck with all 30 Hoax cards instead of the 26 or 27 in the pre-built deck with a couple of other cards)?

Does the game play change? Are the one-race decks balanced enough, or do you need those out-of-race cards?

Thanks,

Runefang

As the "Entire People Decks" are the baseline for constructed play they have to be reasonably balanced (however, playtest was only performed on the "Original Decks" as far as I am aware). From Personal experience I'd say that 3 cards out of 30 really don't matter, especially as in most cases at least 1 of them is useless in the deck anyhow. Vulca and Terrah migth suffer most as they loose their only high card in the other element and thus have to be played even more tactical.

I reconstructed all my decks.

The most obvious result is Hoax not being so supercool anymore - they have harder time without the superb Hank flyer, the potion and the 5 earth Catusan guy. And all they get in return is some more 2/2 wimps and one decent support.

The Vulca seem stronger with new powerful 6/3 guy, great heat haze support and the earth gauntlets - so classic vulca vs hoax matchups are more balanced and Vulca get their revenge.

I found them to be reasonable balanced. The theme goes better when playing a deck, but the unbalanced matches get a little more unbalanced, and the Khind and Mimix get a bit better.

We always play with the reconstructed decks when we play.