Would Love Input on Creating a Campaign

By player674990, in Tide of Iron

I'm creating a campaign which utilizes all elements of Tide of Iron, Days of the Fox, and Normandy, as well as borrowing rules from the Designer Series and forum.

I've done my research and have decided on the engagements between a company of the 1st Ranger Battalion and a panzergrenadier company of the Panzer Division Hermann Goering . The scale would be 1:1 as far as units go.

1. Gela, Sicily. Operation: Husky. July 10-12, 1943.

2. Chiunzi Pass, Italy. December 1943.

3. Naples Plain, Italy. December/January 1943-44.

4. Cisterna, Italy. January 31, 1944.

I'm also thinking of giving special division abilities like the 29th Infantry Divisions extra action per turn or the 7th Panzer Division's advance options.

What do you think of this for the Germans: Squads containing a Machine Gun crew (but not a mortar crew) may make a Fire & Movement action at half Firepower (rounded up) and -2 Mv.

and this for the Rangers:

Squads may make Assault actions at full Mv.

I do own TWO copies of the base game, so I may make this epic rules at some point. Any suggestions, comments, or ideas?

It sounds interesting but I guess the best test will be to play through the scenarios and see how it all works. I'll be willing to play test them and provide feedback.

Much appreciated, Sloejack.

7times7is49 said:

I've done my research and have decided on the engagements between a company of the 1st Ranger Battalion and a panzergrenadier company of the Panzer Division Hermann Goering . The scale would be 1:1 as far as units go.

What do you think of this for the Germans: Squads containing a Machine Gun crew (but not a mortar crew) may make a Fire & Movement action at half Firepower (rounded up) and -2 Mv.

and this for the Rangers:

Squads may make Assault actions at full Mv.

I like the idea and would definitely play it. The special rules are also OK, I think.

By all means, make it epic (I have three copies of the base game and the expansions).

KlausFritsch said:

I have three copies of the base game and the expansions.

I hope you have a barn to lay it all out!

7times7is49 said:

I hope you have a barn to lay it all out!

No, but two tables, which put together measure 2m x 1.6m. happy.gif