Dark Charm + Command: A Question about the FAQ.

By player1596207, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

I just found an answer to last night's question in this part of the FAQ:

Q: When the overlord is controlling a hero through “Dark
Charm,” who decides how to spend the surges and power
dice? Can the overlord move the character and attack, or
just make a single attack without moving?

A: The overlord controls the hero for that attack, including
the hero’s use of surges and power dice. The overlord may
also play cards such as “Aim” with the attack. However,
the overlord player cannot move the character, or force
the hero to spend fatigue to add to the attack. The hero no
longer benefits from any heroes with Command, but does
receive a bonus from any of the Overlord's figures with
command.

I'm wondering about the last bit: "The hero no longer benefits from any heroes with Command, but does receive a bonus from any of the Overlord's figures with command." Would this allow a hero to benefit from his own command? My instinct says yes, but then, my instinct also says he should benefit from other heroes' command and not monsters' command. The first part says he doesn't benefit from any heroes with command, that would mean not his own command either. Then the second part states he does receive a command bonus from the overlord's figures. The controlled hero could be seen as an overlord's figure for one attack... But still a hero.

Your thoughts? Is there something I missed?

It comes down to friendly figures. If you are under dark charm you benefit from the command of friendly figures. As you are attacking the heroes they are not friendly hence any other hero's command ability does not affect you, however the now friendly command bonuses from the OL's forces do.

In terms of the hero in question having command, you are always friendly to yourself. You will always benefit from your own command.

dragon76 said:

It comes down to friendly figures. If you are under dark charm you benefit from the command of friendly figures. As you are attacking the heroes they are not friendly hence any other hero's command ability does not affect you, however the now friendly command bonuses from the OL's forces do.

In terms of the hero in question having command, you are always friendly to yourself. You will always benefit from your own command.

I concur. Even though it might not seem like much a "benefit" in this particular case. =P

Thanks for the replies... I'll make a suggestion on the FAQ forum to get the FAQ changed to:

The hero no longer benefits from OTHER heroes with Command, but does receive a bonus from any of the Overlord's figures with command.

In the FAQ proposal document we actually already have a suggestion along these lines.