Multiple sets and "epic" style games.

By IraShaine1972, in Battles of Westeros

Has anybody purchased multiple core and expansions sets and played epic style games? Any thoughts on scenerios?

I haven't myself but it would seem easy to do for any gaming group. There's one scenario in the support section for just that and you could also do a skirmish game with 4-5 commanders and double the amount of skirmish cards used to create forces and terrain. The Biting the Hand scenario is a good template to use with 7 command tokens, 8 dice of order tokens, and 6 command cards per side. If you had 4 players you could make it 8 command tokens and then split resources evenly between both players on a team.

DragonWhimsy said:

I haven't myself but it would seem easy to do for any gaming group. There's one scenario in the support section for just that and you could also do a skirmish game with 4-5 commanders and double the amount of skirmish cards used to create forces and terrain. The Biting the Hand scenario is a good template to use with 7 command tokens, 8 dice of order tokens, and 6 command cards per side. If you had 4 players you could make it 8 command tokens and then split resources evenly between both players on a team.

Yeah, and you don't really need a whole extra board to play something similar to the Biting the Hand scenario, as it only uses about 2/3 of the second board. For my own purposes, I color copied part of the BoW board and then glued the copies to a thrifted Trivial Pursuit board.

Great point about just increasing the number of skirmish cards to play "epic" scale battles with your expansions.

"BUT THEY CANNOT TAKE OUR ..............FREEEEEEEDOOOOOOOOOOM! "

sounds like a fun idea .