Guessing Game: What's next?

By DragonWhimsy, in Battles of Westeros

Looks like there will be a Forces of R'llor expansion, which to me implies that we will also get a full Tyrell box someday. Think they will come after Greyjoy, though. I could see a Watch vs. Wildlings box before either of those too. Would love to see some Robert's Rebellion scenarios, probably as part of a Targaryen box, which I expect will be looooong way off.

A Tyrell Ally expansion would certainly be the easiest to produce.

Commanders:

• Mace Tyrell [Mounted] - An ability to reflect his status as a great lord, but also complete oaf.
  • Randyll Tarly [On Foot] - An ability to reflect his ruthlessness on the battlefield
  • Garlan Tyrell [On Foot] - An ability to relect his skill with the sword, like a challange to single combat.

(I know Loras is the darling child of Tyrell, but I think Garlan is a more interesting choice.)

Units: I feel like Tyrell units should be a bit mercurial, bolstered by success, but crippled by failure. Many of them change sides in the books at least once.

• Tyrell Infantry: Poor, bloody infantry
  • Tyrell Knights: Flower of Southern Chivarly, powerful charge, heavily armored, stupidly chivalrous
  • Tyrell Swordsman: Dismounted knights, highly skilled and heavily armored

[

@ Spike: Why do you think there wil be a "Forces of R'hllor" expansion? I thought the whole point of the army expansion was that Baratheon wasn't going to get a special expansion for themselves. If you heard or read something else, I would be most interested.

Don't see Greyjoy happening because of the ship problem but i do see a possible Tyrell and Martell

@Rubinon, The Bratheon expansion has an icon for them, along with Tully and Tribes of the Vale. It's near the front IIRC. So, no Tyrell as an ally based on that. Allies, not extra units for the house.

@ Spike: Now I get what you were saying: Baratheon has a command tableau for multiplayer games that says "Forces of R'hllor", whereas Stark has Tully, and Lannister has Clansmen. Okay, I don't think that's enough evidence for a "Forces if R'hllor" expansion. I have no idea who the leaders of that expansion should be (except maybe for Axell Florent), and I think FFG has far better options. But it shows again they don't think of Tyrell as a Baratheon expansion, and that's quite nedly.

Rubinon said:

@ Spike: Now I get what you were saying: Baratheon has a command tableau for multiplayer games that says "Forces of R'hllor", whereas Stark has Tully, and Lannister has Clansmen. Okay, I don't think that's enough evidence for a "Forces if R'hllor" expansion. I have no idea who the leaders of that expansion should be (except maybe for Axell Florent), and I think FFG has far better options. But it shows again they don't think of Tyrell as a Baratheon expansion, and that's quite nedly.

I'm pretty sure that the R'hllor command crest was added so that Baratheon could be split in three just like the other houses. The rules state that any commander can be used with those crest. That being said, the ally expansions have been made so that they can be used with any house ( may not fit with the story). I imagine what ever ally expansion is next will include a new command crest.

I think it is the strongest (only?) evidence of what might be coming next, but that hardly means it is definitive. I'm still reluctant to place Tyrell into the allied forces category. They have their own agenda and it only aligned with Baratheon's for a short while. Maybe we could get something of the Pirates and Mercenaries flavor in the same way The Brotherhood was released. That would also be a workable allied force for Baratheon, similar to Tribes of the Vale. Still, if I were betting I'd say FF tipped their hand for the next one. It would just be weird for that to be there otherwise. Baratheon just doesn't have as many good options for allied forces that supported them in multiple battles over the corse of the books, with the possible exception of Salador Sann.

The real question is who would even work as a Greyjoy allied force. I mean, does anyone else even like them? :P