Motor City Regionals - March 7th, 2009

By Nyobari, in UFS Fan Announcements

What: 2009 UFS Motor City Regionals
When: March 7th-8th, 2009
Where: RIW Hobbies in Livonia, MI
How much: $10/person for Singles on Saturday, $10/team for Teams on Sunday
Block 3 Only, Diversity in Effect

Proudly presenting the premiere UFS event in March, RIW Hobbies welcomes all challengers to the 2009 UFS Motor City Regionals in Livonia, MI! Last year, during the first major Block 2 tournament anywhere, we had past, current, and future major champions such as Andrew Olexa, Matt Kohls, Jon Herr, and Team Voltron Kitten Force (Andrew Olexa, Jeremy Ray, Tanner Lang, and Matt McDanniel) in attendance. We're hoping for all of them to come out and show who will be the early favorite in the Block 3 environment. It could be you!

Diversity will be in effect, a Top 8 cut will be made after 5-6 Swiss rounds. Deck lists are required, sheets will be made available at the event site. In addition to FFG's Regional prize support, there will have additional product prize support, along with items such as figurines, play mats, etc. for both Top 8 and as raffle prizes to those not making Top Cut. There will also be a Ladies Night side event on Saturday night for those not making Top Cut. Entry will be free for the side event.

Team Event on Sunday will only be held if 8 or more teams to confirm that they will be attending on Sunday. That way, those coming from out-of-town can be assured of having a full event. Please send an e-mail if you plan on attending the team event so things are confirmed ASAP. Team Event will not have any form of diversity.

We hope to see everyone out to make this event bigger and better than last year! Bring it!

***Itinerary***
Saturday –
11 AM: Event Doors Open
Noon: Sign-ups Begin, Deck lists due at sign-up
1 PM: Sign-ups due, Round 1 starts as soon as all names are registered
~6:30 PM: Dinner break after Swiss
7:30 PM: Top Cut and Ladies Night side event

Sunday-
11 AM: Event Doors Open
11:30 PM: Sign-ups start
Noon: Sign-ups due, Round 1 starts as soon as all teams are registered
~4 PM: Dinner Break after Swiss
5 PM: Top Cut

Address:

29116 Five Mile Rd.
Livonia, MI 48154

Directions:

Take I-96 to Exit 176 – Middlebelt Rd. Go North 1 Mile to 5 Mile Rd, turn right (East). On the left (North) side, less than 1/8 mile past Middlebelt, just past the Wright's Do-It-Yourself Hardware Store, in the Brickshire Plaza with Eats-a-Pizza and Select Staffing.

Lodging less than 3 miles away:
Comfort Inn, 29235 Buckingham Ave, Livonia, MI
Super 8 Motel, 28512 Schoolcraft Road, Livonia, MI
Quality Inn and Suites, 30375 Plymouth Rd., Livonia, MI

Contact Nick Baker at [email protected] for further information, questions, or to RSVP for either singles or team event

I am really looking forward to this. Nyobari is IMO one of the best scouts this game has and I know for a fact he will put on a great event that will be fun for everyone!

Drewkasa said:

I am really looking forward to this. Nyobari is IMO one of the best scouts this game has and I know for a fact he will put on a great event that will be fun for everyone!

I support this message.

I enjoy the company of all the people who have posted above me.

FOXHound will be showing up to this event, though how many I'm not sure yet

I'll have details posted by the end of the week, to help make everyone's planning easier.

Loki 5K said:

FOXHound will be showing up to this event, though how many I'm not sure yet

So if Foxhound is there does that mean Aero bars will be there too?

Yeah Aero bars we will bring

So this what the guest list looks like thus far:

Ohio

UFS house (Matt, Paul and Jon)

Canada

Foxhound (undisclosed amount)

Aero bars (undisclosed amount)

Yeah...My money is on the Aero bars Do I smell yet another 100% accurate Andrew Olexa theory?!?!? I think I do. This guest list is looking great and I hope to see it grow some more. After the regional if people want to eat at the Steak N' Shake down the street from RIW i think that would be a cool after tournament thing. Just a word to the wise don't order the chili there not because it will make you sick or anything like that just because they never have any.

We have the worst service at the Steak 'n Shake up here, it's true. Pretty sure their motto is "It may not be good, but at least it's slow."

That is a **** shame because I love Steak n Shake

Well to give you a number off the top of my head of how many of us FOXHounders will be comeing, 3-5 for sure, maybe more

Loki 5K said:

Well to give you a number off the top of my head of how many of us FOXHounders will be comeing, 3-5 for sure, maybe more

I am SUPER excited by this, im glad you guys are making the trip.

Loki 5K said:

I am looking forward to it man and I can't wait to see you all again.

Yeah I can't wait to see you guys as well. You guys are allways fun to hang out with and your realy good players as well.

Hey so 4-5 of us FOXHounders will be comeing down there maybe on the Friday night befor the event and are looking for a place to crash. Thanks in advance

IF one of you crazy Foxhound Fellas can hit me up on Aim, we can discuss possible crashing situations.

aim is impulsive123 and im on **** near all the time

I'll try to post more details shortly on rules specifics, but I need to make sure that everyone knows that cards that are entering the prize pool in March 2009 will NOT be legal. So, no Egyptian Temple or any of other cards that will start showing up as prize support. Not everyone is going to be having a March event before this regional, so I gotta keep it fair for all. Sorry that I didn't announce this earlier, I thought I had.

What about MAC and mark of the beast, will they be tournament legal?

sir_shajir said:

I think they should be will help the current format before set 12 we have them legal for our events.

Columbus Ohio will NOT be present from what I can tell. My car's broke, and I'm not sure if I'll have the money or not to take the day off like I already have planned. And the other guys here didn't write down the date when I told them what day it was like I asked them to, so they all have to work.

SUCKS

Scubadude said:

sir_shajir said:

I think they should be will help the current format before set 12 we have them legal for our events.

No, Martial Arts Champion and Mark of the Beast will not be legal for the tournament. Reason being is that they have not entered the Block 3 environment before March 2009. AFAIK, they are being reprinted as part of Set 12 or are in a future league kit.

What inside AFAIK information is this hob snobbery!

In non-shocked at people having and then spilling inside information, WOO MARK OF THE BEAST (assuming if accurate).

vermillian said:

What inside AFAIK information is this hob snobbery!

In non-shocked at people having and then spilling inside information, WOO MARK OF THE BEAST (assuming if accurate).

I believe it was announced on the Commit One Podcast that Mark of the Beast and Martial Arts Champion were getting reprinted. As illustrated, not everyone knows this, so it's part of the reason that despite both cards being good for the meta, I gotta not allow them.