Motor City Regionals - March 7th, 2009

By Nyobari, in UFS Fan Announcements

Nyobari said:

vermillian said:

What inside AFAIK information is this hob snobbery!

In non-shocked at people having and then spilling inside information, WOO MARK OF THE BEAST (assuming if accurate).

I believe it was announced on the Commit One Podcast that Mark of the Beast and Martial Arts Champion were getting reprinted. As illustrated, not everyone knows this, so it's part of the reason that despite both cards being good for the meta, I gotta not allow them.

I dont know I would allow them I have them legal for my block 3 events they are very needed in the format in my opinion.

This thing is tomorow... and not everyone listens to your podcast... and for something that is rumoured / told by the big cheese to be happening some time in the future it seems odd to have these things suddenly be legal especially for people that only read the forums or the main UFS page... and don't have time to listen to a podcast that is 30 some minutes long with really only 2 minutes of interesting content. :P

@ Vermillion: Wow, that was a really low blow, it's ok not to find the UFS podcasts enjoyable , everyone's entitled to thier own opinion. But to bash the podcasts by stating it has "uninteresting" material is extremely rude considering the amount of VOLUNTARY HARD WORK and the amount of planning, organizing that people put into that show. I know Scuba won't really say anything because he doesn't want any trouble with anyone, unfortunately to the dismay of my playgroup, I have no such problems voicing my opinion. If you have any problems with the material or the show in general, then I would suggest that you state your argument in a positive manner with well thought out points instead of just making general statements that some people would find plain insulting. Again, no one is forced to listen to the podcasts, but I guess I was wrong in my assumption that people actually listen to the podcast, which is why I asked the question regarding mark of the beast and M A C.

@ Nyobari: Sorry about the threadjack, my playgroup and I will see you at registration.

sir_shajir said:

@ Vermillion: Wow, that was a really low blow, it's ok not to find the UFS podcasts enjoyable , everyone's entitled to thier own opinion. But to bash the podcasts by stating it has "uninteresting" material is extremely rude considering the amount of VOLUNTARY HARD WORK and the amount of planning, organizing that people put into that show. I know Scuba won't really say anything because he doesn't want any trouble with anyone, unfortunately to the dismay of my playgroup, I have no such problems voicing my opinion. If you have any problems with the material or the show in general, then I would suggest that you state your argument in a positive manner with well thought out points instead of just making general statements that some people would find plain insulting. Again, no one is forced to listen to the podcasts, but I guess I was wrong in my assumption that people actually listen to the podcast, which is why I asked the question regarding mark of the beast and M A C.

@ Nyobari: Sorry about the threadjack, my playgroup and I will see you at registration.

Thanks Shajir you are always welcome on the show .

Dude that was totally offensive calling me VermilliOn when my name is TOTALLY vermilliAn. :P

Apologies to the work that goes in to the podcasts. I HAVE actually found some of its material interesting. I just think that there are too many assumptions placed on it that people are listening to it for information that probably should, if an official response, be listed somewhere, in a somwhat timely and accesible manner, NOT in the podcast.

And you're right. Bit of a low blow... not a big fan of it, and I'm not entirely sure why. Could be the format, could be the chat, and how the chat is executed, could be that I'm not in it (not like I know what I'd talk about... another reason I stopped trying to submit articles to FFG), could be the opening sequence music... I really don't know.

I will listen to a few more, think about what I'd like to hear, and get back to you all in a more constructive manner. Consider this a public apology. A formal private apology will be forthcoming.

Also apologies again to Michegan for columbus' non attendence... in reality even if money was ok with me, it was the Arnold Fitness expo and the place I help run on the weekends had 75% increase of buisiness with about the same staffing... :P tired...

Its cool man I understand some people dont have the time to listen so I will be doing a summary a day or 2 after its posted if it is not already spoiled .

If you ever want to be on the show let me know we are always looking for new people to bring on the show if thats a reason you dont like it.

Like I said I don't know what I would possibly talk about. I'm so totally focused lately on scheming of ways to get new players and trying to get my girlfriend out of WoW that I have hardly had time to play. That and a new job keeping me busy... BLAH!

Perhaps i'm envious of the platform you've access to, and the way in which you use it... but that's another topic for... a different topic. :P