Problems Encountered

By Acrobatics, in Anima: The Card Game

Hi, everyone. I got the Twilight of Gods yesterday and was fascinated by the new elements added, giving players more tactics challenges : )

However, I encounter several uncertainties when combining with previous titles.

1.Clover and Leading Role

0383.jpg

The new Arcane char Clover, he comes with remarkable combat and speed value but if player must pick a char to die, Clover must be the first one.

And you should be familiar with the card on the right, the Leading Role. The drawback is rather similar, the char who gets this card must die first.

My query is if I give leading role to a non-arcane char (Warrior), and I have Clover joined my party. Which effect has priority?

2. Eye of North and Play Dead

0384.jpg

There is a new kind of plot cards which stay in play, they are Artifact which enable players to gain certain advantage over the others.

For this artifact, Eye of the North, it protects your chars from being incapacitated. Will this card stop me from using "Playing Dead"?

Hoping someone will comment on the above situations, thanks.

I don't have any Q&A (I'll search Edge site for it and try to understand something from the spanish...).

As far as Clover +Character with Lead Role go...I'd probably let the character using them to choose...actually both guys have priority, so one of them must die, but the owner should be allowed to choose...of course both die in any situation that would kill 2 characters (like being defeated by 5+ from the Dragon God monster).

As for the other cards...yeah, I'd rule that you cannot play the card on the Artifact owner. That's it, I believe a player should accept the unhealty side effect...

Since this is a general problems encountered, I figured I would throw my issue into this post for simplicity.

I encountered Drone in a Level 2 area, which is understandable, but the card drawn was a Level 3 creature. So my question is does the drone keep that creature, does the creature and encounter become null because of the level restriction, or does the drone draw a new creature that actually meets the level restriction of the area?

Elric of Melniboné said:

I don't have any Q&A (I'll search Edge site for it and try to understand something from the spanish...).

As far as Clover +Character with Lead Role go...I'd probably let the character using them to choose...actually both guys have priority, so one of them must die, but the owner should be allowed to choose...of course both die in any situation that would kill 2 characters (like being defeated by 5+ from the Dragon God monster).

As for the other cards...yeah, I'd rule that you cannot play the card on the Artifact owner. That's it, I believe a player should accept the unhealty side effect...

Ya... there is no clarification on the priority between character ability and advantage in rulebook.

It would be practical to leave the decision to player himself.

Kaikyotu said:

Since this is a general problems encountered, I figured I would throw my issue into this post for simplicity.

I encountered Drone in a Level 2 area, which is understandable, but the card drawn was a Level 3 creature. So my question is does the drone keep that creature, does the creature and encounter become null because of the level restriction, or does the drone draw a new creature that actually meets the level restriction of the area?

Although the level restriction is a golden rule in Anima, I would like to ignore this in this situation.

The Drone itself already has a chance of being discarded if the additional card drawn is incident. It is the first obstacle it need to cover.

If the level restriction also applies on it, it becomes the second obstacle. Then this card would bear really high cost to fully function ... I doubt it..

In addition, the description says "If the card is a creature, you must fight". I suppose the "must" within containing double meanings, you cannot perform escape and another is ignoring which level you are in.

Yes, it's like a "little" Gates of Apocalypse.

That's a pretty interesting way of ruling it. I believe I will play it like this myself.

Did anyone notice that the picture on Leading Role looks an awful lot like Clover without his sunglasses on?