Any future add-ons?

By Darthvegeta800, in Anima: The Card Game

Might there be a new addon or will the third one be truly the last?

And how well does this game sell? Any idea on that?

No idea about how much it's selling.

As far as I know, I believe Edge Entertainment (the original producer of the whole Anima games line) has no plans about any future addition to the Card Game trilogy. Actually, a new Anima Card Game is being released (in Spanish), but it's an entirely different game with entirely game concept.

Personally I hope not. I would much prefer to see a new card game.

I love the Anima Card Game but it already feels like it has explored most of the core ideas and would struggle to fill new add ons. The number of cards available also has an impact on gameplay which if continued would end up being a pain.

You're probably right and the game has reached its capped size.

If there were any future add-ons, I would like to see something done in a separate deck so that those who have bought some games or all would be able to use it well.

ie) area modification deck!

draw a card whenever you reveal a new area...

cards would be some sort of adjective like:

"Corrupted": all Light creatures become neutral, neutral creatures become Dark, and Dark creatures get +2 attack.

"Dead magic zone": all characters with magic get -1 attack. magic cards do not work in encounters.

"Rough terrain": All speed rolls are -3.

"Foggy": All characters with trickery get +1 attack and speed.

"Clear": Party receives +1 attack and speed.

"Lair": Preliminary creature encounter stays if defeated.

Also, you could have cards that similarly modify creature encounters with adjectives and abilities (incapacitate, kill, immunity to certain styles).

Heading in new directions and adding more than just modifiers would be good too, like a traveling merchant / market place where you can trade advantage cards, a meeting place where you can recruit chars, or a global effect deck

Of course, adding to the pool of encounters, missions, areas, and characters is welcome, but I think we all wouldn't mind something new