Player's Guide to The Edge of Night

By Emirikol, in WFRP House Rules

In follow-up to the Player's Guide to The Gathering Storm, I present to you THE PLAYER'S GUIDE TO THE EDGE OF NIGHT. Again, it is simply summarized from the Designer Diaries and News Postings (and Liber Fanatica).

Please note that I left the final page open for GM editing depending on how you like to present info to your players. In this case, I just copy/pasted from Liber Fanatica #7's Revenant scenario where I had a numbered list of Ubersreik locales with their associated NPCs.

Enjoy!

LINK LOWER

Jay H

Edited by Emirikol

Very nice once again.

I'm just fininshnig EoN (the Young and the Restless) in my campaign but the list of locations and NPC's handy in future. I've been fleshing out various NPC's more such as Lord Aschaffenberg (newly married at 40, hmm, I say was married earlier but first wife died giving birth to daughter who is away at school, just coming of age to return home soon - he's my players' PC's new patron and every band of heroes should have a patron with a winsome daughter just out of the convent school).

Hmm, Never used Scribd before. Seems to suggest you need to buy membership before can read the thing.

Yea, scribd is crap, but at least someone was kind enough to upload it there ;)

I'm hoping that an old laptop of mine has it on there and I'll see if I can get it to rpggeek instead (where you don't have to have a membership).

I would like to have both files. Any Chance to get them?

Thanks Jay. Do you have the Player's guide to The Gathering Storm as well?

No, sorry. DIDn't do one for that. You could go and reference the news articles for the product and slap them together. That's how I did the other one.

jh

Edited by Emirikol

Just some run-notes from when I've run it (3 times now):
I made it a big deal just to try to get across the river into stromdorf. I had a LOT more reik eels and had the players chewed to ribbons.

I added 3 more NPCs so that the obvious bad guy wouldn't be so obvious. This is also one of the things taht I l like about the enemy within campaign. Have several NPCs very interested in their business. They can be commoners, nobles, or hell even a nosy blacksmith.

Try to throw out a lot more rumors about the locations and maybe add a couple more locations (I recommend 3) that are actually mundane, but then don't look like "Hey guys, here's the three locations we need to go to and hey, here's the 1 bad guy, because who else could it be?)

I actually try to always create at least 3 names of peasants who are the local gossips or suspects and have them doing things that are completely unrelated to the plot: "Did you know that mary has a really bad relationship with her mother and her mother in law died of mysterious circumstances?" "Did you know that ol' norskie's fishing boat is said to be haunted?" "Did you know that little ralphie pulls reik eels out of the river and maims them and puts them in his mother's bed..there's just something not right with that boy..or why would he do that anyways?"

jh

Thanks for the advice Jay. Sounds like it would make the scenario a lot more interesting.

Many thanks.
Exactly what I needed!