Dear FFG, how can you ignore us so much?

By FMalakai2, in Blood Bowl: Team Manager

I imagine that a lot of reasons could be behind this extraordinary delay, but why don't you give us some information about Blood Blood Team Manager creation process?

After all, I think mine it's not a big request...

+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1

Given that they asked us to submit team names for some undescribed contest and have yet to say even a peep about that, the lack of any info -- even just to say "Sorry, but this has been delayed a year" -- is poor customer relations in my opinion. What's it been now, eight months? Look at all the games that have hit the shelves since Blood Bowl Team Manager was announced - games that had not been revealed prior to this one -- and yet nothing on this one.

i dont think FFG understands or expects the amount of attention and involvement minis gamers are used to getting from other companies to keep them involved .

The announcement that the Gears of War game is coming out renews my hope that SOME day we'll see Blood Bowl: Team Manager on store shelves too. sorpresa.gif

My first post on the FFG forums! I've been collecting their poisons for years but never needed to came to their forums, or never felt that interest...

Right now I was lurking about to check if the HBO Game of Thrones series would make FFG reprint some of their GoT games (both LCG and BG) and came to this forum as well since I wonder what would they do with this game...

At first I thought it would be a deck-building game to compete with the ones like Dominion, Ascension, Thunderstone and sort. That would be great since deck-building seems to be the new trend and a Blood Bowl/Sports game in this mechanic would be interesting.
But then FFG announced their deck-building game based in the Rune-series, so I guess this game/project went to the bottom of their ToDo list.

I'm a big FFG fan and also a Blood Bowl fan. I was a fan of Games Workshop but right now I've stopped playing their miniature games. This game would be a great game for me so I'll still wait for it! happy.gif

My belief is that they have hit some sort of design snag in the game. Both Corey K and Eric Lang are attached to this game, which means you have two of FFG's best designers working on it. The fact that this forum still exists is a testament that the game is still intended to come out.

One other theory that I have is that the first generation of this game worked well as a rules set but didn't fit for Blood Bowl, and became Rune Age. Or that RA was already in development, and that some of the games Corey was working on got moved up the ladder (such as Gears of War, and the delays on Mansions of Madness). Eric Lang has also said that two of his games are coming out this year. i know one of them is Quarriors, his dice-building game from WizKids, so I still hope that BB:TM is the other.

We can only hope.

Yes FFG can!!!

We love you...