Moderators - we are ready...

By Corbon, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark FAQ Update Discussions

Hi to the moderators, or whoever will be dealing with the next FAQ update for Descent (I see Anton is no longer a mod here, so maybe it will be someone else?)

Another forum member was handling contacts with Anton previously, but isn't responding currently - hopefully due to having a newborn in the house!

We are have a large document ready for you, full of questions, with attached explanations and detailed answers to choose from (mostly).

At this stage our idea of how it works is that we pass you this document, you read it bit by bit, asking back questions of us if needed, and copy each 'question' and the chosen/modified 'answer' to the section supplied for that purpose at the end of the document. By the end of that process we will have a section (much, much smaller) of the document that can simply be cut and paste into your FAQ document, more or less.
Hopefully this process provides you with a good understanding of the questions without having to do lots of research, and enables answers for the FAQ that don't create more questions themselves.

Please make contact with us at Descent FAQ Group or replying here.

Thanks.

I would love to see an update on this and where they are at in the process. Thought March would be the FAQ date and we are almost into May. I don't want this rushed, I just want this addressed.

Do you know anything new about the FAQ?

gran_orco said:

Do you know anything new about the FAQ?

FFG are ...dragging feet.
Only Thaad has replied, and said she will give Anton a nudge but that he recently was promoted so very busy.

In the mean time a couple of us have been going back and forth checking, finding small errors and occasionally adding some new questions.
We also now have sections for the GLOAQ and the existing FAQ (mostly notes referencing existing FAQ answers to new questions so that consistancy can be maintained, but also trying to clean up some of the messier existing questions). We may be 'ready' but we are still working on improving it pretty much every day.

So any word on the latest FAQ progress? I find it a little stunning that FFG is taking so long on their end, especially considering the incredible number of man-hours that people have put in to working on the FAQ document. It is all work that people have done in their free time, at no charge, and simply because of a love of the game....you'd think FFG could take some of it's paid employees to answer the questions after 90% of the work has already been done for them.

Kartigan said:

So any word on the latest FAQ progress? I find it a little stunning that FFG is taking so long on their end, especially considering the incredible number of man-hours that people have put in to working on the FAQ document. It is all work that people have done in their free time, at no charge, and simply because of a love of the game....you'd think FFG could take some of it's paid employees to answer the questions after 90% of the work has already been done for them.

Part of the reply from Thaad after I pinged her again a few days ago.
I forwarded your email request to him, but that's all I can really say for the moment. It's been a busy few weeks here. I know it's something on their list of stuff to do, but I can't say where it is on priority and what might be delaying it.

Thaad is the only one to reply, but is always efficient and clearly as helpful as she can be.

knock, knock, knock...FFG?; knock, knock, knock...FFG?; knock, knock, knock... FFG? gran_risa.gif

bostezo.gif bostezo.gif

Kartigan said:

No word.
I emailed Anton again earlier today.

Finally we got a reply from Anton, requesting the document to be sent to him. Corbon will do so right when he sees the mail, I suppose.

One definite step forward, at last!

Parathion said:

Finally we got a reply from Anton, requesting the document to be sent to him. Corbon will do so right when he sees the mail, I suppose.

One definite step forward, at last!

Woot, very glad to hear this. Hopefully a corrected and clear FAQ is not far off!